We’ve finally reached single digits on Building the Dam’s countdown of the top 20 players on the 2023 team. The Beavers have had a lot of shake ups in their receiver corps headed into this season, so we’re taking a look at a player who could have a breakout year. Silas Bolden.
Most of Bolden’s highlights as a Beaver have come on kick and punt returns, winning first and second All Pac-12 honors as a returner last season, but he’s also been a key part of the receiving team since coming to Corvallis. Last season his biggest game came in the Las Vegas Bowl against Florida, where he put up 99 yards and 1 touchdown.
With Tyjon Lindsey in Seattle and Tre’Shaun Harrison in Tennessee, Bolden should see his role in the passing game take a big step forward. The OSU passing game is going to look very different in 2023, with DJ Uiangalelei giving the Beavers a talent at quarterback they haven’t seen in quite a while. Bolden could be one of Uiangalelei’s best offensive options out the gate.
The Countdown So Far
- #20) Grant Starck - Offensive Line
- #19) Sione Lolohea - Defensive Line
- #18) Cory Stover - Linebacker
- #17) Ryan Cooper Jr. - Defensive Back
- #16) Akili Arnold - Defensive Back
- #15) Heneli Bloomfield - Offensive Line
- #14) Deshaun Fenwick - Running Back
- #13) Jaden Robinson - Defensive Back
- #12) Andrew Chatfield Jr. - Edge
- #11) Jack Velling - Tight End
- #10) Jake Levengood - Center
- #9) Silas Bolden - Wide Receiver