- Oregon State baseball completed a fall scrimmage last week and it’s never too early to build hype for the new season. Specifically, a lot of the national media is excited to see what rising sophomore pitcher Kevin Abel will do in his second season. D1 Baseball has him tabbed as the #6 college prospect in the nation and the #2 pitcher.
The Oregonian’s Bob Lundeberg also chatted with Abel in the last few days and the former Padres draft pick noted that he’s putting on muscle and that he was fine with pitching as much as he did in the CWS.
Kevin Abel said he put on about 12 pounds of muscle over the summer. He hasn’t thrown since the College World Series and is absolutely itching to get back out there. #GoBeavs— Bob Lundeberg (@The_Real_Bob) September 25, 2018
Abel said it was “very wrong” that Pat Casey was criticized for his pitch count in Omaha. “I know what my body is capable of,” Abel said. #GoBeavs— Bob Lundeberg (@The_Real_Bob) September 25, 2018
- The football team plays Arizona State in a few days and both squads are looking for a win to get back on track. See what coach Herm Edwards had to say about where the Sun Devils are and how he’s preparing for OSU here. OSU also put out their preview of that game early this morning.
- One of the bright spots for Oregon State in the loss to Arizona over the weekend was the return of tight end and 2017 leading receiver Noah Togiai. The Corvallis Gazette-Times talked with Togiai as he gets back in action following a preseason knee injury.
- If you’re looking for some Pac-12 reading, Golden Blogs put out their latest Pac-12 rankings. OSU isn’t completely on the bottom! Plus, they folks over at that site are extremely thorough in their research.
Pac-12 Power Rankings, Week 4.— GoldenBlogs (@GoldenBlogs) September 25, 2018
Can Cal maintain its high ranking of #3 from last week?
And what’ll happen to the Beavers after their faceplant? https://t.co/0hrv326MIM
- Meanwhile, OSU’s next home game against Washington State on October sixth has an official start time: 6 PM.