The Oregon State Beavers picked up a big win against Arizona, Saturday night. It was the best game the Beavers had played all year as they finally put together a complete performance from start to finish. Marcus McMaryion threw more touchdowns (5), than incompletions (3). Check out all six of Oregon State’s touchdowns below.
On the opening possession Marcus McMaryion hit Jordan Villamin and Villamin did the rest taking it to the house for a 53-yard touchdown. 7-0 Beavers
On the next Oregon State possession McMaryion found Nall for an 11-yard TD.
Arizona got on the board with a touchdown courtesy of Nate Phillips, but the Beavers quickly answered. McMaryion hit Timmy Hernandez for a 27-yard touchdown. It’s one of those catches you want to watch over and over again.
The Beavers took a 21-10 lead into halftime after Arizona kicked a field goal just before the second quarter ended.
After forcing an Arizona three-and-out, the Beavers scored a quick touchdown to increase their lead. This touchdown was another beauty. Trevon Bradford was wide-open thanks to a well executed play-action.
Oregon State increased their lead (35-10) thanks to this Ryan Nall run. And the rout was officially on.
The Beavers added another touchdown late in the game on this Artavis Pierce catch and run.
- Let’s be honest it was all good tonight. Marcus McMaryion had the best game of his young career. He completed 16 of his 19 pass attempts, for 265 yards. He also finished with 5 touchdowns (and zero interceptions).
- Jordan Villamin finished with 6 catches for 124 yards and a touchdown. His best game of the season by far.
- Every receiver that caught a pass, also caught a touchdown.
- Victor Bolden was shaken up after taking a shot while trying to field a punt. Bolden was hit well before he had an opportunity to catch the ball or defend himself. Hopefully, he is good to go for the Civil War next week.
- Um.... Nick Porebski was forced to punt once. Nevermind, that’s actually a good thing.
Overall, it was a dominating performance for the Beavers and had to be especially satisfying for Gary Andersen and his players. They have shown improvement all season long but rarely did that progress, translate to success on the field. Tonight everything came together and they showed what they are capable of.
This win sets up an intriguing rivalry game against Oregon next weekend. The Ducks are coming off a big win against Utah today and both teams will be fired up for the Civil War, you won’t want to miss the action at Reser Stadium next Saturday. Go Beavers!