- As the NFL continues to watch players fill up the injured-reserve list by the week, the Chicago Bears running back Tarik Cohen was moved to the inactive column after tearing his ACL on Sunday, giving room for former Oregon State tailback Artavis Pierce to the promoted to the active roster. Pierce will join fellow alumni Ryan Nall on the Bears messy running back depth chart, after being signed by the team as an un-drafted free agent this off-season.
- Like many teams this winter, Oregon State will be doing some rearranging to their men’s basketball schedule, as the 2020 Cayman Islands Classic has been cancelled. The field was set to feature some notable competition such as mid-major sleepers Western Kentucky and Northern Iowa, as well as power conference foes Miami, Ole Miss and Kansas State. The Beavers were slated to play Kansas State in the first round, when the bracket was released back in August. There has yet to be an update on what games will fill the program’s schedule instead.
Sources: The 2020 Cayman Islands Classic has officially been cancelled.— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) September 28, 2020
Initial field included Kansas State, Western Kentucky, Nevada, Oregon State, La Salle, Miami, Ole Miss, and Northern Iowa.
- Sticking to the hardwood, hopes are not high for the Oregon State men’s basketball team according to Busting Brackets, as Andy Patton’s Pac-12 basketball preseason power rankings project the Beavers to finish dead-last in the league. The write-up on the squad featured the intriguing prospect of what Tariq Silver can bring to the team and the ongoing wait for news on Nicholls State transfer Warith Alatishe’s eligibility, yet left out any considerable margins for fellow JUCO transfer Maurice Calloo’s impact.
- Anyone who follows the Oregon State women’s basketball program knows just how crucial head scott Scott Rueck has been to putting the team firmly in the national conversation on an annual basis, but what about hearing it from the players themselves? NBC Sports Northwest chatted with forward Taylor Jones to discuss what sets Rueck apart from most coaches and why he was able to push her to a level she simply “didn’t know she had”.
- And finally, the MLB Playoffs are officially underway with three Beavers alumni taking part in the late Fall festivities. Chicago White Sox relief pitcher Jace Fry and infielder Nick Madrigal are currently up 1-0 in their American League Wild Card series against the Oakland Athletics, despite Madrigal posting an 0-4 performance at the plate in Game 1. Chicago and Oakland are slated to play Game 2 of the three game series today (Wednesday, September 30th) at 12:00 PM PT. As for the Milwaukee Brewers pitcher Drew Rasmussen, his squad’s battle with the Los Angeles Dodgers in the National League Wild Card series will begin tonight as well, with first pitch scheduled for 7:00 PM PT. Both games will be televised nationally on ESPN.
- OSU Women’s Basketball: Beavers Start at #15 in ESPN Rankings
- OSU Football: What Games Would You Like to See the Beavers Play This Fall?
- BTD’s Top 25 College Football Staff Picks: Week 4
- Mikayla Pivec Is One Of 30 Finalists For NCAA Woman Of The Year Award
- Pac-12 Football Agrees To Play 7-Game Season