- We’re just three days away from Oregon State football’s season opener against Ohio State. Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past month, you know that Buckeye head coach Urban Meyer has been at the center of a scandal and won’t be coaching for Ohio State’s first four games. Land Grant Holy Land, SBN’s Ohio State site, gave us five key takeaways from interim head coach Ryan Day’s media availability on Tuesday.
Ryan Day and Greg Schiano had a lot to say during their hour-long press conference yesterday. So, we've boiled it down to the top-five things you should know. https://t.co/0ZLVA2WCry— Land-Grant Holy Land (@Landgrant33) August 28, 2018
- With just enough time to sneak some season preview articles in, The Oregonian posted their Win/Loss picks for every Oregon State game this season. They have the Beavs winning three games this year: Southern Utah, Cal, and Wazzu.
- Meanwhile, the Pac-12 had their first coaches’ teleconference of the season. Coach Jonathan Smith went over how his staff made the decisions that they did regarding the depth chart for this week one game. You can download the audio from each head coach here.
- If you’re looking for more Pac-12 listening material, Pacific Takes put out their Pac-12 North preview podcast. Give it a listen to hear what they think of the Beavs, UW’s chances to get back to the CFP, and more.
- For good measure, here’s a little update on a former Beaver baseball player: Nick Madrigal looked great in his first game back from a thumb injury with the Winston-Salem Dash. Read about it in the latest White Sox minor leagues update from South Side Sox.