Head coach Gary Andersen has his holiday season made for him, when the school decided to extend his contract through the 2021 season, earlier this week, but then it became his turn to make some future college football stars holiday seasons as well. We recap all the offers that Andersen has been shelling out to recruits across the country, as the Beavers program attempts to build off their 4-8 campaign.
Branden Smith ‘17 - WR/DB (Paraclete HS / Lancaster, CA)
A tough and speedy wide receiver/defensive back/special teams returner from Lancaster, California, the 5’ 10”, 190 pound Smith is an excitable prospect with a high ceiling that hasn’t even been scratched yet. Within the last year, Smith posted a 4.59 in the 40-yard dash, which helped with his recruiting stock rise with offers from schools such as BYU and UCLA. The Cougars and Bruins have already made it know that Smith would likely be in their future plans as a defensive back but at the next level, Smith could likely focus on one side of the ball while still being a special teams contributor. The Beavers were a late offer to the 2017 prospect but are considered to be heavily in the mix for his services.
Other Offers: BYU, Nevada, San Diego, UCLA, Washington State
Connor Wedington ‘17 - RB/ATH (Sumner HS / Sumner, WA)
Speed doesn’t lie and in the case of Connor Wedington, one of the latest players in the 2017 class, speed is the key word to the reason he’s a wanted man by more than twenty different high-major Division I programs. Oregon State will be hoping that their deep ties to the Pacific Northwest will help in their pursuit of Wedington, whose recruiting is still wide-open at the moment. Baylor, Notre Dame, Stanford and UCLA are listed as the top schools pursuing the 6’, 190 pound running back the hardest, with a litany of other schools expected to make a push at the senior before signing day.
Other Offers: Arizona, Baylor, California, Idaho, Notre Dame, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, Utah, Washington, Washington State
Vosean Crumbie ‘17 - DB/ATH (Ventura JC / Tallahassee, FL)
Despite already being a verbal commit to Fresno State, Oregon State offered Crumbie a scholarship three days after he committed to the Bulldogs, meaning the chance for Crumbie to be on the move is potentially still there. A junior college teammates of incoming quarterback prospect Jake Luton, there could be some “behind the scenes” recruiting being done in hopes of luring the former IMG Academy talent to Corvallis.
Other Offers: Verbal Commit To Fresno State
Emoryie Edwards ‘18 - WR/ATH (Tulare Union HS / Tulare, CA)
A three-star receiver prospect out of Tulare, California, Edwards offer comes at a unique time, after the Beavers recently lost wide receivers coach Brent Brennan to San Jose State and are likely scrambling to lock down future route-running targets. Edwards is another late-blooming prospect whose best days may be in front of him.
Other Offers: BYU, Duke, Eastern Washington, Washington State
Javaris Rolle ‘18 - DB/ATH (Western HS / Davie, FL)
The Beavers were rising defensive back Javaris Rolle’s first offer and while his stock is expected to skyrocket during his senior season, the late-blooming prospect is still a relative unknown. Oregon State offered the Western High School product back on December 22nd.
Other Offers: None
- Matthew Huhn ‘17 - OT (John Jay HS / San Antonio, TX): The 6’ 7”, 280 pounder recently de-commited from Houston after head coach Tom Herman left the school for Texas. Huhn holds an offers from the Beavers, in additional to thirty-plus other schools, but early indications are that Oklahoma State and SMU are his current favorite schools.
- Renzo Fauatea ‘17 - DE (Hunter HS / Salt Lake City, UT): Fauatea was once an Oregon State verbal commit but he reneged on that decision just days ago, re-opening his recruiting process to include BYU, Utah and Utah State. Fauatea is still considering the Beavers as potential destination, while he’s also likely to take his LDS mission right after high school and may not see the football field for two more years.
- Onesimus Lutu-Clark ‘17 - LT (Waianae HS / Waianae, HI): The 6’ 5”, 290 pounder was recently offered by Boise State, in addition to already holding spots from both the Beavers and BYU. Lutu-Clark has already taken a visit to Provo and is an intriguing prospect to keep an eye on going forward.
- Brandon Pili ‘17 - DT (Westview HS / Portland, OR): Another Beavers target whose recruiting has recently heated up, Pili was offered by Notre Dame earlier this month and the offers are only expected to increase as time goes on. Pill’s already visited Oregon State but a wealth of power conference suitors are apparently making big pushes for his services.
- Jack Tuttle ‘18 - QB (Mission Hills HS / San Marcos, CA): A 2018 pro-style quarterback prospect, Tuttle received an offer from the Beavers back in early December and just over a week ago, the Mission Hills gunslinger verbal committed to Utah.