National Signing Day is officially here! The last of the undecided 2019 recruits will make their choices and sign their national letters of intent. The early signing period was supposed to take much of the drama away from signing day, but that’s not the case for the Beavers! There will still be drama today as Oregon State has three available scholarships and a handful of recruits they are looking to earn a commitment from.
- James Rawls - SIGNED
Rawls is a 6-foot-4, 260-pound defensive lineman from Fullerton College who verbally committed to the Beavers back on January 16th. He is expected to sign his national letter of intent today. The junior college transfer has some serious pass-rushing potential and will be relied on heavily to get in opposing backfields next season.
- Jacob Ferenzi - SIGNED - (gray shirt)
Jacob Ferenzi is a talented 6-foot-6, 270-pound offensive guard. The Oregon-native was pursed by USC, Oregon and many others to take a preferred walk-on position, but instead verbally committed to Oregon State. Ferenzi is expected to take a greyshirt, meaning he will enroll at Oregon State for the first semester as a part-time student without officially starting his eligibility clock. Then he will begin as a full-time student on scholarship in 2020 (Joshua Gray did the same thing last season). If both Rawls and Ferenzi sign today Oregon State would still have two scholarships available.
- Akili Arnold - Oregon State - SIGNED
Akili Arnold verbally committed to Utah State, but choose not to sign during the early signing period. His plan to keep his options open could work out wonderfully for the Beavers. Jojo Forest signed with Oregon State during the early signing period and was Arnold’s high school teammate. Forest has been heavily recruiting Arnold to come to Corvallis. Arnold is a dynamic athlete and Beaver fans should keep an eye out for his decision.
- Paul Matavao-Poialii - Signed with Baylor
Paul is a 6-foot-4, 330-pound offensive guard from California. He took an official visit to Corvallis back on January 26th and the Beavers have been recruiting him heavily. Matavao-Poialii is also being heavily recruited by Baylor, Fresno State and Kansas.
- Thomas Sio - Oregon State - SIGNED
Sio is a 6-foot-4, 330-pound offensive guard from Alaska. He took an official visit to Corvallis on February 2nd. Getting exposure as an Alaskan high school athlete isn’t easy, but Thomas Sio is also being pursued by UCLA, Hawaii, Wyoming and others. Sio is definitely someone Beaver fans will want to keep an eye on today.
- DeOnte Washington - Signed with Colorado State
Washington is a 6-foot-3, 255-pound defensive end prospect from Colorado. Washington currently holds offers from Air Force and Northern Colorado, but is hoping to add a few more offers on signing day as Colorado State, Utah and Oregon State are all showing considerable interest.
Previously Signed 2019 Recruits:
- Omar Speights - DE 6-1, 235, Crescent Valley HS, Corvallis, Oregon
- Taron Madison - RB RB, 6-1, 205, Banning HS, Banning, Calif.
- Luke Musgrave - TE 6-6, 234, Bend Senior HS, Bend, Oregon
- Cory Stover - DE 6-6, 215, Marshfield Senior HS, Marshfield, Oregon
- Kelsen Hennessy - DT 6-5, 250, Clackamas HS, Clackamas, Oregon
- Ryan Franke - LB OLB, 6-4, 210, Oak Christian, Westlake Village, Calif.
- Wynston Russell - CB 5-11, 180, Homewood-Flossmoor HS, Flossmoor, Illinois
- Anthony Gould - ATH/WR, 5-10, 180, West Salem HS, Salem, Oregon
- Jojo Forest - CB CB, 5-11, 175, Mission Viejo, HS, Mission Viejo, Calif.
- Evan Bennett - DT 6-3, 315, Marter Dei HS, Santa Anna, Calif.
- Jordan Whittley - DT 6-2, 320, Laney College (JUCO)
- Alex Austin - CB 6-1, 174, Long Beach Poly, Long Beach, California
- Michael Erhart - LB OLB, 6-1, 212, Chaminade College Prep, West Hills, Calif.
- Robin Vanderlaan - OT 6-5, 270, Diablo Valley College (JUCO)
- Simon Sandberg - DE 6-4, 260, City College of San Francisco (JUCO)
- Jackson Chryst - QB
- Kade Hustler - DE
- Tanner Miller - OL
- Dylan Black - LS
- Cam Sanders - TE
- Nick Suing - DT
- Cade Brownholtz - DE
- Andre Beall - OG
- Jeffery Nelson- K
- Brian Espinoza - OT
- Jackson Cloyd - LB/TE
Players not technically listed as part of the 2019 Recruiting Class:
- Tristian Gebbia - QB - Nebraska Transfer
- Avery Roberts - LB - Nebraska Transfer
- Tyjon Lindsey - WR - Nebraska Transfer
- Addison Gumbs - DE - Oklahoma Transfer
- Nathan Eldridge - OL - Arizona Transfer
- Joshua Gray - OL - Greyshirted in 2018
- Josh Bowcut - DL - 2017 Recruit, returned from a two-year LDS Mission
The Beavers should wrap up their 2019 recruiting class today and the collective talent coming to Corvallis is impressive in my opinion. Jonathan Smith and his staff have done a good job of filling in spots where the football team has weaknesses. The final 2019 class will consist of just 19 recruits and should finish in the mid-60’s in team recruiting rankings; but I’d hold off on calling the 2019 recruiting class a flop. Beaver fans have every right to be excited about the direction of the program and ultimately it will all be determined on the field.