- The Oregon State Beavers may be on a bye this week, but they will have a look decades in the making for homecoming on October 20th. We saw that that the retro benny would make a return earlier this summer, but we just saw the helmet. Early Monday, we saw the reveal of the full throwback uniform.
Our thoughts are as follows:
Hey @BeaverFootball how many RTs to make retro Benny the permanent logo?— Building The Dam (@BuildingTheDam) October 8, 2018
- The Beavs fought hard over the weekend against the Washington State Cougars, but ultimately came up short. For a look at that game from a Wazzu expert’s perspective, check out ‘The Good, Bad, and Ugly of WSU’s win over Oregon State’ from our friends at CougCenter.
- Sure, football’s defense is really bad right now. But let’s look on the bright side: OSU is not Connecticut. Seriously, UConn may have one of the worst defenses in college football in a century. SBN’s Alex Kirshner did a deep dive on the subject that will make you feel a little better about how things are going out here in Corvallis.
UConn is probably the worst team in the country so far this season. But if you look closer at the math, they might be even worse than that. https://t.co/7wOLVApV2M— Matt BOO-rown (@MattSBN) October 8, 2018
Embarrassing stat: #UConn is dead last in the country in total defense averaging 658.2 yards allowed per game. #OregonState is ahead of them with 541.3 yards allowed per game. That’s a 116.9 yard difference between 129th and 128th @underdogdynasty— Joe Serpico (@JoeSerp) October 8, 2018
- The Oregonian pushed out three different pieces of Beavs content on Monday that are interesting for different reasons. We recommend that you read all of them.
- Mike Leach thinks that OSU could be “scary” in the next couple of years
- Midseason report card
- Conor Blount has a shoulder injury, but it’s not that serious
- This is old news by now, but we’re still excited about it...ex-Nebraska wide receiver and four-star recruit Tyjon Lindsey has become the latest former Husker to transfer to Oregon State. This could give the Beavs’ passing game a nice little boost next season.
Thank you @HuskerFBNation and the TRUE GBR FANS who’ve shown me nothing but unconditional love and a warm welcoming when I first arrived on campus.— T-WAYNE (@tyjonlindsey) October 8, 2018
The Marathon must continue... pic.twitter.com/T6SiqIBtsq