The countdown to the return of Oregon State football has officially begun here at Building The Dam, as the Beavers are just days away from their season debut against Colorado State. The information for the team’s first outing can be found below.
- Opponent: Colorado State (Colorado State Stadium/Fort Collins, CO)
- Date/Time: Saturday, August 26th (11:30 AM PT)
- Coverage: CBS-Sports Network
- To help get a better gauge on just where Colorado State is as a program heading into 2017, you should check out our buddies over at Mountain West Connection’s season preview of the Rams. A formidable opponent for the Beavers, Colorado State has both a very excitable offense, as well as a reliable and possibly game-changing defense.
- From the Colorado State end of things, the Rams have their sights set on a Mountain West title coming off last season’s 7-6 campaign under then-second year head coach Mike Bobo. As the Rams now enter year three of the Bobo-era in Fort Collins, the Coloradoan reports that it may in fact be the team’s aforementioned defense which becomes the crucial key to a conference championship run.
- And now we return to the Beavers. As Oregon State begins to enter a pivotal transition season for head coach Gary Andersen and his staff, the program director told the Oregonian that his team is “absolutely not” yet game ready, which seems to be a bit more of “coach speak” than general concern for the group. However, with less than a week until game-day, it’s never a phrase that Beaver Nation will be pleased to hear.
- And finally, if you enjoyed following Oregon State’s baseball team around all-season long on the series “The Diamond” from the school’s athletic department, than prepare yourself for the very similar series “We: A Season With Oregon State Football”.
If somehow you did miss former Beavers star Victor Bolden Jr.’s kick-off return for a touchdown the other night for the San Francisco 49ers, than don’t sweat it. We have the fantastic video of Bolden Jr.’s big-time return, which will only help his case to make the team’s final roster.