As the calendar rolls from July to August it marks a big day for college football. August 1st is the first day that high school football prospects from the 2017 class can receive written scholarship offers.
It is no secret that Gary Andersen and his staff have been making recruiting a priority. And they wasted no time in getting their written scholarship offers out as soon as possible.
8/1/16. Coach Andersen and the staff are changing lives - getting the offers out! #BuildTheDam #OfferLetter pic.twitter.com/d7aIzuD2S2— Build The Dam (@BuildTheDam) August 1, 2016
The offers have been rolling in and they have gotten even more elaborate. When schools battle for top recruits they constantly look for ways to stand out and separate themselves. Oregon State is no different and they did a great job with their official offers.
Among those to post their official offers were Oregon State commits Arex Flemings, Brock Wellsfry, Fabian Kratz and Isaiah Miller. Here's an example of Oregon State's official offer: (courtesy of Arex's Twitter)
It's official #GoBeavs ⚫️ pic.twitter.com/ejmlSpw32I— Arex. (@deucethedon) August 1, 2016
Other high school recruits to receive Oregon State offers and post them to Twitter are listed below: (click on the players names to see the tweets)
- Aaron Banks: 4-star lineman who has Oregon State in his top 16
- Carmoni Green: 4-star wide receiver from Miami, Florida
- Naytron Culpepper: 4-star defensive back from Florida
- Victor Jones: 3-star DE has Oregon State in his top 6
- DJ Edwards: 3-star wide receiver from Palm Beach, Florida
- Jordon Scott: 3-star athlete who's verbally committed to the University of Florida
- Abraham Lucas: 6-foot-8, 3-star DE/OT prospect from Washington
- Andrew Aleki: 3-star line backer from Hawaii
- Ali Gaye: 3-star defensive end from Washington
- Aliki Vimahi: 3-star defensive end from Hawaii
- Quentin Lake: 3-star athlete from California
- Darren Hall: 3-star defensive back from California
- Charles Moku Watson: 3-star WR who's verbally committed to Washington State
- Tayari Venable: 3-star recruit who's verbally committed to Washington State
- Cantorian Weems: 3-star athlete from Atlanta
- Rhedi Short: 3-star safety who's verbally committed to Arizona
- Taniela Pututau: 3-star athlete, has Oregon State in his top 5
- Quran Hafiz: 3-star cornerback from Jacksonville, Florida
- Lyn Strange: 3-star defensive back from Florida
- Keisean Nixon: Top JUCO defensive back
- Jahmal Wynter: Defensive end from Georgia
Also, Jeffery Manning Jr, a 3-star cornerback decommitted from UCLA today. He went on to announce that his recruitment is 100 percent open. He also posted his official Oregon State offer on Twitter and is a guy Gary Andersen and his staff will be recruiting heavily in the coming months.
Obviously with so many guys receiving offers (and these were only the ones who posted them on Twitter) Coach Andersen and his staff are not expecting them all to choose the Beavers. With 13 recruits having already verbally committed to Oregon State; the 2017 class is getting closer and closer to completion. Landing a few of these three and four star recruits would really give Oregon State's 2017 recruiting class a big boost though.
In other recruiting news, Antwan Collier a top defensive back from Florida has decided to attend Illinois and announced his decision on Twitter today. He was someone Oregon State was heavily recruiting and hoping to earn a commitment from.
Committed to Illinois pic.twitter.com/EpGG8vMCqc— Antwan Collier (@9millyy_ac) August 1, 2016