Here is the updated leaderboard with a new leader on top!
Again if anyone wishes to view my scoresheet in order to double check your scores (Xami found a mistake last week so don't be shy).
- Only four potential champions are left. Virginia, TCU, Ole Miss, and Vanderbilt are the only remaining selected teams.
- Potential Scenario: Virginia wins out. TimStoeckle has the highest remaining score with UVA as his champ and would win.
- Potential Scenario #2: TCU wins out. Xami wins out from the TCU champ pick.
- Potential Scenario #3: Mississippi wins out. Tpizzola11 would win as the lone Ole Miss champion choice.
- Potential Scenario #4: Vanderbilt wins out and TCU does not make the final. Mancow_1 would win. If TCU makes the final and Vandy takes the title it comes down to a tiebreaker with timho.
- There are a number of other scenarios but these are simple enough for me to actually understand.
- The only completely missed super regional was the matchup with Oklahoma State and UC Irvine. Those Anteaters are resilient.
- A mere two people got Texas Tech correct and only three got Louisville correct, which does seem a little low for one of the original hosts.
- Texas was picked correctly in two brackets.
- No one has two teams left in the finals.
- In the super regional round the average score was 4.46 and the average for the total through two rounds is 10.41. So if you were one of the 16 who scored above the average congrats! You get a passing grade.
- By my count there are 34 brackets that are mathematically eliminated.
- 22 brackets no longer have teams left in the field.
To all those still in the game good luck!