- First of, let’s start with the play of the day. Infielder Garret Forrester cranked a walk-off dinger to push the Beavers to a 5-4 win over Dallas Baptist and keep the season alive for at least another game. “Forrester...down the line to right...it’s gone!”. It’s like music to my ears.
HE DID IT HE DID IT HE DID IT! pic.twitter.com/zCWYl3ZKxX— Oregon State Baseball (@BeaverBaseball) June 7, 2021
- It’s been tough times for Beavers alumni at the next level, as the most relevant of the trio in Sydney Wiese was traded to Washington Mystics three weeks back, yet has been held out of action due to a sprained ankle. In addition to Wiese’s bad luck, the Minnesota Lynx also waived Mikayla Pivec after signing her back in April and the Connecticut Sky opted to part with recent third-round pick Aleah Goodman.
- Boxing apparently has now become the wiffleball of pro sports, where everyone thinks they’re an expert and on Sunday, Oregon State legend Chad Johnson had his boxing debut on the already comedic Logan Paul-Floyd Mayweather showcase. The highlight of the fight was Johnson getting knocked down by Brian Maxwell, a former MMA fighter, in the fourth and final round of the exhibition. Other than that, I don’t have much to comment about this.
- The Beavers received a visit recently from 6’ 5”, 315-pound offensive lineman Dave Iuli, the #10 ranked interior blocker as compiled by 247 Sports for the 2022 class. A native of Puyallup, Washington, if Oregon State was to land Iuli’s services down the road, he’d join the program’s four-man class for 2022, which currently includes three-star recruits in quarterback Travis Throckmorton, running back Damien Martinez, wide receiver Cole Prusia and linebacker Melvin Jordan.
- And finally, we hit on it on our page here, but Oregon State Hall of Famer Gary Payton accepted a men’s head basketball coaching job at Lincoln University in Oakland. The good news is, in case you somehow were too busy enjoying the nice weather wherever you are, you can read the full first report on the hiring of “The Glove” from ESPN’s The Undefeated here.
- OSU Baseball: Beavers Take Down DBU 5-4, Final Game Set For Tomorrow
- OSU Baseball: Beavers Beat TCU 3-2 To Stay Alive
- OSU Baseball: Beavers Stay Alive With 10-5 Win Over McNeese
- OSU Football: A Midsummer’s Opponent Preview - Washington Huskies (Game 5)
- SB Nation Reacts: Coach K’s Retirement Changes The Landscape Of College Basketball