- There’s never a bad time for a good betting story and this one here by the Oregonian is as good as you’ll find. Let’s just say when a team is at its lowest is the exact time to bet the house on them...if you can, of course. And these guys might’ve just done just that at the right exact moment.
- Oregon State Wrestling is having another excellent season, and this weekend they’ll finish it up with a trip to the NCAA Championships in St. Louis. Six Beavers will be competing in the tournament. Brandon Kaylor at 125, Devan Turner at 133, Grant Willits at 141, Hunter Willits at 157, Ryan Reyes at 184 and J.J. Dixon at 197. Devan Turner and Grant Willits are coming off titles at the Pac-12 Championships in February. The Championships will be aired across the ESPN Networks, with the First Round starting at 8:00 AM PT on ESPNU. You can follow the Wrestling Team’s twitter account for updates throughout the weekend.
- ESPN ranked all 68 NCAA Tournament Head Coaches on how good they were as players, and Oregon State’s Wayne Tinkle cracked the top 10. Tinkle ended up at number 8, based on his time playing for the Montana Grizzlies in the 80s. Those Grizz teams were very good, with Tinkle earning All Big Sky Honors a few times.
- Beavers alumni Chad Johnson never much needed a special reason to talk for the sake of talking and with the news that the Washington Football Team signed veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick on Monday, the former wide receiver took to Twitter to make some strong predictions about the season that could be in store for Terry McLaurin.
Terry McLaurin 1500 yard season incoming & I’m guaranteeing that‼️ https://t.co/msGN5GWVLY— Chad Johnson (@ochocinco) March 16, 2021
- And finally, not news you were probably expecting to read this week, Utah and head men’s basketball coach Larry Krystkowiak have parted ways after ten seasons together. The Utes’ “Coach K” was hired in 2011 and won just six games in his first season, eventually leading the program to a Sweet Sixteen in 2015. However, a recent wave of transfers over the past few seasons have seen Utah fall under the .500 each of the last two years. He is one of just two coaching changes on the hardwood in the Pac-12 so far, as Washington also moved on from women’s head basketball coach Jody Wynn after four years.
- OSU WBB: Oregon State earns 8-seed will face Florida State
- OSU Basketball: Beavers & Tennessee Scheduled For Friday Afternoon Tip-Off
- OSU WBB Adds Commitment to 2022 Class with a Five-Star Forward
- OSU Baseball: Beavers Score Runs, Beat Oregon 3-1
- 2021 NCAA Tournament: Join BTD’s Group In ESPN’s Tournament Challenge!