Arizona State Sun Devils (4-5, 1-2)
- Head Coach: Bobby Hurley (6th Season, Overall: 97-74)
- Points For: 75.4 PPG (127th)
- Points Against: 76.7 PPG (287th)
- Last Game/Streak: 73-64 Loss vs. USC (3L)
- Alonzo Verge Jr. (17.0 PPG, 4.3 RPG)
- Remy Martin (16.9 PPG, 3.6 APG)
- Josh Christopher (16.8 PPG, 5.1 RPG)
- Marcus Bagley (12.3 PPG, 7.3 RPG)
- Holland Woods (6.8 PPG, 2.1 APG)
- Jalen Graham (5.6 PPG, 3.0 RPG)
- Kimani Lawrence (4.6 PPG, 2.0 RPG)
- Taeshon Cherry (3.9 PPG, 2.3 RPG)
If you think Oregon State has problems heading into Saturday’s clash, you clearly haven't seen Arizona State yet.
The Sun Devils were without four key players for their last two contests, the most notable of them being guard Remy Martin, for a variety of reasons that range from COVID-19 protocols to mono and personal reasons.
However, Martin should be back for Saturday’s clash, which will be well received by head coach Bobby Hurley, whose program desperately needs to stop a three-game losing skid, as they haven’t tasted victory since back on December 13th.
The Sun Devils like to get up and down the floor, which can be a blessing and a curse for a team like Oregon State. If the Beavers get in the flow of the game, more offensive pieces can get themselves going and they may be able to find someone not named Ethan Thompson or Jarod Lucas to get the job done.
But if they can’t stop the Sun Devils, this one can get away from them just like the Arizona contest did.
Don’t Forget About...Marcus Bagley: Rarely, do you think about bigs when it comes to the Sun Devils, but the Beavers have struggled to deal with imposing forwards all season and Bagley does an amazing job of imposing his will at both ends. The 6’ 8” freshman is coming off back-to-back double-doubles and has missed double-figures in scoring just once this season.
- Date: Saturday, January 16th
- Time: 4:00 PM PT
- Location: Gill Coliseum (Corvallis, Oregon)
- Coverage: Pac-12 Networks