College Football’s early signing day is almost here, with most top prospects expected to sign letters of intent on Wednesday, December 16th. While the Beavers are not expected to have as dramatic a day as some of the nation’s top programs, there’s still something to look forward to for OSU fans.
This year’s OSU class is rated last in the Pac-12, and 107th in the country, by 247 sports. Much of that has to do with their relatively small number of signees as the Beavers have limited scholarships available. The class of 2021 does feature a lot of names that look like they could be key pieces of future Oregon State teams. Here’s who we might see signing their letter of intent tomorrow.
- Sam Vidlak: Pro Style Quarterback - Hidden Valley High School (Grants Pass, Oregon)
- Damir Collins: All Purpose Back - Jefferson High School (Portland, Oregon)
- Jimmy Valsin: Wide Receiver - Bowie High School (Arlington, Texas)
- J.T. Byrne: Tight End - Carmel High School (Carmel, California)
- Henry Buckles: Offensive Guard - Hood River Valley High School (Hood River, Oregon)
- Omarion Fa’amoe: Weak Side Defensive End - West High School (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Easton Mascarenas: Inside Linebacker - Mission Viejo High School (Mission Viejo, California)
- Arnez Madison: Cornerback - Manual Arts Senior High School (Los Angeles, California)
Its not hard to see Vidlak, Collins and Valsin being the trio the Beaver offense features in a few seasons, with Mascarenas and Fa’amoe filing similar roles on the defense. All 8 prospects are rated at three stars by 247sports.
8 is a small number for a recruiting class though. Oregon State will also likely have Semisi Saluni, an Outside Linebacker who attended Walnut Creek High School in Walnut Creek, California, enroll in 2021. Saluni signed a letter of intent for the Beavers in 2018, but delayed starting college while he embarked on a two year church mission.
Other than those nine, expect the Beavers to be very active in what should be one of the most interesting transfer windows of the past few seasons. Jonathan Smith and his staff have done a lot of great work recruiting transfers in the past, so it should be an interesting time.
Signing day will kick off early tomorrow morning. Check back with Building the Dam for follow up coverage, and any other breaking news that happens.