We are now four days away from Beaver football. The anticipation is killing at the Building the Dam crew. To help hold us all over, we have a preview of our second most important player on the Oregon State roster ready to roll out.
#2 Jermar Jefferson- Running Back
I am not breaking any sort of news when I inform you that Jermar Jefferson is A.) Very good at football and B.) Very important to Oregon State’s success this season. The freshmen All-American blew up on the scene last season after an Artavis Pierce injury paved way for significant playing time for the freshmen from the golden state. Here is a list of just a few of the highlights of his first year in Corvallis
- Named a Freshman All-American by The Athletic, ESPN, USA Today, the FWAA and 247Sports
- Pac-12 Freshman Offensive Player of the Year
- All-Pac-12 Honorable Mention
- Set the Oregon State true freshman rushing record with 1,380 yards.
- Rushed for 254 yards at Arizona State, the second-best single-game total in OSU history
- Jefferson also topped 200 yards against Southern Utah while scoring 4 TDs (Also had 4 scores against WSU)
Needless to say there are a ton of expectations for the second year back, not only in Corvallis but across the college football landscape as Jefferson landed on the Doak Walker award watchlist as well as being named a pre-season all pac-12 player. Can Jefferson repeat his success? Can he build on it? We only have a few more days until we start to get those answers!
1463 rushing yards, 16 rushing touchdowns, 30 receptions, 2 receiving touchdowns