- After not getting a single player selected in the 2019 NFL Draft, Oregon State football can at least hang their hats on defensive lineman Kalani Vakameilalo accepting a mini-camp invite to attempt to make the Seattle Seahawks roster. Vakameilalo, a 6’ 3”, 325-pound space-eater up front, appeared in 46 games for the Beavers, tallying 75 tackles and six sacks. In the video below from KHON2, Vakameilalo talks about his shot at the NFL.
Kapolei grad and former @beaverfootball DL @KVakameilalo will hit the field in mini camp with the @seahawks this weekend looking to follow in the footsteps of @hoptraining partner @mosesbread72 #NFLHawaii @KapoleiHigh @MaaTanuvasa // https://t.co/SOdY37JnAf pic.twitter.com/qcrZ3xge39— Rob DeMello (@RobDeMelloKHON) April 30, 2019
- Continuing to secure his place as the best prospect in all of college baseball, Oregon State catcher and general all-around ridiculous talent Adley Rutschman is tearing it up once again on the diamond. The projected top-pick in next year’s MLB Draft is leading the country in on-base percentage and walks, while ranking in the Top 25 in five other statistical categories.
- Oregon State’s defense is one of their biggest question marks heading into the 2019 season on the gridiron, but they might have a blossoming bright spot in defensive back Kaleb Hayes. As noted by PFF College’s Twitter account, Hayes leads all returning Pac-12 cornerbacks in the lowest catch rate in coverage.
Among returning Pac-12 CBs, Kaleb Hayes allowed the lowest catch rate in coverage last season. He also broke up 8 passes and limited receivers to 88 yards after the catch. pic.twitter.com/bmHZg2qJr2— PFF College (@PFF_College) May 1, 2019
- We don’t often head to the (golf) links here at Building The Dam, but some notables from the men’s golf program at Oregon State earned some conference recognition this week. On Wednesday, rookie Sean Kato was named to the league’s All-Freshman squad, while sophomore Spencer Tibbits earned All-Pac-12 honorable mention. According to OSU’s website, “Tibbits is the first Oregon State golfer to earn All-Pac-12 honors since David Fink was selected to the Second Team in 2014”.
- In the world of college football stats, information, previews, knowledge, data, etc., there’s few who do it better than SB Nation’s own Bill Connelly, who individually gives some of the most in-depth previews of every team in the country. While Connelly hasn’t released his opinion on the 2019 edition of the Beavers just yet, he did take a crack at analyzing former Oregon State head coach Gary Andersen’s squad for the upcoming year at Utah State.
- OSU Baseball: Beavers Drop Another Midweek Game Against Gonzaga
- OSU Basketball: Warren Washington Will Transfer From Oregon State
- OSU Baseball: Grant Gambrell’s Career Day Powers Sweep of Washington State
- 2019 NFL Draft: BTD’s Day 3 (Rounds 4-7) Winners & Losers
- 2019 NFL Draft: Former OSU CB Xavier Crawford Drafted By Houston Texans