The Oregon State Beavers football team has one more shot at achieving bowl eligibility this season. Unfortunately, they have to go through their rival and a top 15 team in the Oregon Ducks. Beavs’ Head Coach Jonathan Smith took the podium on Monday to talk about that game and the Beavs’ most recent result at Washington State.
See the full video below.
Topics covered include:
- Thoughts after the WSU game
- Respect for Mario Cristobal and Justin Herbert
- Walking through OSU’s last possession against Washington State
- How Hamilcar Rashed’s play was limited by his injury
- Defensive highs from last week
- Jordan Whitley’s lack of play time
- Saving Travon Bradford for the Oregon game
- What it would mean to clinch a bowl by winning this game
- Physicality expected from the Ducks
- How defenses are playing against Isaiah Hodgins
- Close calls against the Cougars
- Processing emotions following tough losses
- Could Jermar Jefferson have done better last week?
- Not letting the emotion of the rivalry get the better of them
- Thanksgiving plans
- Managing pressure
- What Oregon likes to do on both sides of the ball
- How Smith feels about his own job performance to date