Head coach Jonathan Smith took the podium earlier this week to talk about how his team is preparing for Chip Kelly’s squad and some other burning questions the media and Beaver fans alike have about the state of OSU football.
Topics covered include:
- Recapping the Stanford game and what needs to change
- Running into former players
- Injury updates on Jordan Whittley, Jermar Jefferson, Jalen Moore, and Matthew Tago
- What is it going to take to win close games?
- Analyzing the team’s improvement as a coach
- Artavis Pierce embracing his place on this team
- Special teams miscues continue
- Playing complete games
- What to watch for with UCLA
- Preparing for Dorian Thompson-Robinson
- Why did he defer the coin toss against Stanford?
- Blocking on Pierce’s 43-yard touchdown last weekend
- The future of college football, i.e. paying players
- Differences between the first half and second half against Stanford
- Creating more turnovers against UCLA