What To Know
- On The Road Again: The Beavers will travel to Eugene on Saturday, to begin the Pac-12 portion of their schedule at Matthew Knight Arena. The tip-off is scheduled for 5:00 PM PT.
- Three’s Company: Oregon State has three players currently averaging double-digits in scoring, led by Tres Tinkle (19.8 PPG), Stephen Thompson Jr. (14.5 PPG) and Ethan Thompson (12.3 PPG). The trio combine for all but 26.7 points of the team’s average scoring output.
- To The Point: Oregon has just one healthy player averaging in double-figures, as point guard Payton Pritchard tallies 12.3 points per contest.
- Injured Ducks: Oregon is reeling from the injury bug, with freshman phenom Bol Bol, swingman Kenny Wooten and forward Abu Kigab all expected to miss the game.
- Two Fortresses: Oregon has one of the country’s elite defenses, as the Ducks allow just 62.5 points per game to opponents (26th nationally). However, Oregon State isn’t far behind, as the Beavers let up just 64.9 points per contest (T-49th nationally).
- Peaking Ducks: Dana Altman’s squad has won five of their last six games overall, which included two victories over Boise State during that span. The Ducks lost two straight games prior to that streak, headlined by a stunning upset home loss at the hands of Texas Southern.
- A Dam Mystery: Oregon State has had two separate three-game winning streak this season, but the Beavers have also lost three of their last five contests overall. All four of the team’s losses this season have come by a combined total of 16 points.
By The Numbers
351: The school’s will meet for the 351st time on Saturday, an all-time NCAA Record.
187: The Beavers lead the all-time series with 187 wins, compared to the Ducks’ 163 victories.
2012: The last year in which Oregon State defeated their arch rival Oregon in Eugene.
17: Combined victories between the two teams this season; Oregon (9), Oregon State (8).
4.1: Blocks per game for Beavers center Kylor Kelley, which leads all of Division I.
Bill Walton will be calling the game on the Pac-12 Network broadcast, alongside Ted Robinson.