- The Oregon State Beavers football team returns to Corvallis this week for their 2018 home opener against Southern Utah. When we all get back to Reser Stadium, several new additions to the game day atmosphere will be waiting for us. Namely, a shuttle will be available to fans to ride to the stadium from the Portland area and back again after the game. Plus, the video board has been expanded and beer and wine is now available for sale throughout the stadium.
For additional details, you can read the full press release from OSU.
"Our goal is simple. Create an exciting game day atmosphere for all of #BeaverNation, while being loyal to our traditions." --@BeaverAD— Go Beavs (@BeaverAthletics) August 30, 2018
New to Reser » https://t.co/pBadGk4Zfx #GoBeavs pic.twitter.com/5LsrBD0gJW
- Speaking of Southern Utah, they didn’t have too hot of a season opener. Long story short, the Thunderbirds lost to the University of North Alabama: a team in their first season at the D1 level. Long story long, check out the full recaps from two different outlets: a Utah based one (they’re sad) and an Alabama based one (they’re happy).
- A bad day on Saturday got worse when we found out that former Beaver running back Ryan Nall got cut by the Chicago Bears. However...(* Hubert Farnsworth voice *) GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! Looks like Nall did, in fact, make the Bears practice squad! Congrats Ryan!
The Bears have officially set their practice squad:— Chris Emma (@CEmma670) September 2, 2018
-- Dejon Allen, OT
-- Abdullah Anderson, DT
-- Tyler Bray, QB
-- Tanner Gentry, WR
-- Michael Joseph, DB
-- Taquan Mizzell, RB
-- Ryan Nall, RB
-- Josh Woods, LB
Our friends at Windy City Gridiron (SBN’s Bears site) seem optimistic about his chances to make the 53-man roster at some point.
- We found out shortly after the loss to Ohio State that Jake Luton’s inury in that game turned out to be a possible concussion and he was in protocol for that potential injury. I suspect we will know more after Jonathan Smith’s press conference this week, but The Oregonian has the latest.
- Have you had a chance to see the full highlights from the game against Ohio State yet? Some are a little tough to watch, but we did see a few huge runs from Artavis Pierce and Trevon Bradford show off some of that speed. Check the full highlights from the Pac-12 here!
- Sunday Poll: How Did The Loss To Ohio State Change Your Expectations For Oregon State Football in 2018?
- Best Tweets From Oregon State Football’s Loss To Ohio State
- Ohio State rolls over Oregon State, 77-31
- What would Oregon State players be ranked in a new addition of the NCAA Football game?
- Quarterback Tristan Gebbia Transferring to Oregon State