- Upon their return to Oregon from their third national championship win, the Oregon State Baseball team received a heroes’ welcome home. There was a big celebration in Portland and another in Corvallis, complete with fans leaving congratulatory messages on the walls of Goss Stadium in chalk. Here’s a few of the best pictures of it.
Working on a chalk mural down the third base line at Goss... but it needs that special something from #BeaverNation— Go Beavs (@BeaverAthletics) June 29, 2018
Stop by and leave your message for @BeaverBaseball before today’s Corvallis celebration! #GoBeavs pic.twitter.com/A2fWIKqeHh
- Our season review is coming at you real soon. But if you’re hankering to read more about how well this season went for the Oregon State baseball team, one of our favorites Bob Lundeberg from the Corvallis Times-Gazette published his season review article, as did the Oregon State athletic department. Check em both out.
- As Jonathan Smith enters the 2018 season at the helm of the Beavs, he’s confronted with the challenge of being a first year head coach. 16 other coaches have tackled that job at Oregon State in the program’s history. OregonLive took a look at how every coach in Oregon State’s history fared in their first year at OSU.
- That football season opener against the mighty Buckeyes is creeping ever closer and the preview posts are starting to roll in. Here’s one from the Toledo Blade that does a nice job of covering the basics of what both squads bring into that September 1st matchup.
- Finally, in basketball news, Drew Eubanks didn’t play for the Spurs in the NBA Summer League Saturday night. It was listed as a team decision. He bounced back on Sunday though with an impressive block on a dunk attempt by the Wizards’ Devin Robinson. Weird not to see him on Saturday, but looks like the former Beav is still making some strong contributions at the pro level.