- Beware, Beaver Nation. It may be a rough college football season ahead. According to ESPN, Oregon State will have the toughest three-game stretch in all of college football in 2018, which includes back-to-back road trips to Stanford and Washington, followed by a Civil War meeting with the Ducks. The worst part about the top spot on the list is that daunting stretch doesn’t even include a meeting with USC or the Beavers’ season-opener on the road at Ohio State. Wins may come at a premium next season for Oregon State.
- Now for some good news from the world of non-revenue sports, the Oregon State men’s and women’s rowing teams cleaned up on the academic front this season, placing a combined 27 members on the Pac-12’s All-Academic teams. The women’s team, which garnered 15 of the selections, placed five of their stand-out student athletes on the conference’s first team, while the men’s team added six first-team members of their own.
- Visiting hours are now upon the Beavers in Corvallis...at least, when it comes to football. New Oregon State head coach Jonathan Smith will have a bevy of football prospects heading to campus this weekend, in hopes of luring some of these promising recruits to Corvallis in the near future. The list of talented players is highlighted by four-star defensive end Zach Williams and JUCO receiver Trevon Clark, both of whom could be considered priority targets for the program at the moment.
- And finally, we’d be remiss if we didn’t somehow bring Oregon State baseball into this edition of Quick Links, as the Beavers Super Regional showdown is looming not too far off on the horizon. So, its only right to direct you to our good friends (not this week) over at The Daily Gopher, who put together this nifty little preview of your favorite college baseball team. We think their preview is solid, as is our own foretelling of just what the Gophers may be bringing to Corvallis later this week.
2018 MLB Draft
- Nick Madrigal Drafted by The Chicago White Sox in the First Round
- Trevor Larnach Drafted by The Minnesota Twins in the First Round
- Cadyn Grenier Drafted by The Baltimore Orioles
- Steven Kwan Drafted by The Cleveland Indians in the Fifth Round
- Drew Rasmussen Drafted by The Milwaukee Brewers in the Sixth Round
- Michael Gretler Drafted by The Pittsburgh Pirates in the 10th Round