- Head coach Wayne Tinkle continues to try and pinpoint talent out there on the recruiting front, as the Beavers offered 2019 Las Vegas power forward Orlando Robinson Jr. on Friday, confirmed by a tweet from Jake Weingarten. The offer to Robinson Jr. comes just days after Oregon State dished out a scholarship to 2019 swingman Jonathan Salazar, in an attempt to begin to piece together their 2019 class. At the moment, 6’ 4” guard Julien Franklin is the only commit in the Beavers’ 2019 recruiting haul.
Oregon State has now offered 2019 Orlando Robinson, per source. Easily becoming a hot commodity in ‘19 class. Picked up Louisville and Georgia Tech offers this week. https://t.co/wlMKs94rpo— Jake (@jakeweingarten) May 4, 2018
- Well this is weird. We’ll likely have more on this story in the coming days (we’ve already cross-posted an article from SB Nation’s main page), but if you missed this one, Hawaii head football coach Nick Rolovich took to Twitter to “call out Oregon State for sending recruiting materials to his current players”. The incident, which will likely be chalked up to some sort of administrative error (we assume?), includes pictures of mailed invitations to some Hawaii football players to attend the Beavers 2018 spring football game.
- As the Beavers baseball squad begins to get their season back on track, Oregon State star pitcher Luke Heimlich was at the forefront of the team’s success on Friday night, leading the way in a 17-3 rout of Washington State in Pullman. Heimlich finished the night with 11 strikeouts and allowed just three hits in the contest, in an all-around impressive outing. The now 34-7 Beavers will return to action against the Cougars on Saturday at 5:00 PM PT.
- Want to know what the current Oregon State football coaching staff thinks about how their team looks this spring? Then you may want to look at this piece from Beavers Edge, which features video clips from all eleven (yes, 11) of the program’s coaches, including head coach Jonathan Smith. It’s also worth noting that special teams coach Jake Cookus is rocking a pretty cool “Dam City” shirt in the video as well.
- And finally, as somewhat expected, Oregon State forward Drew Eubanks did not secure an invite to the 2018 NBA Draft combine, according to this list of invited players from Yahoo! Sports. Notable names who highlight the combine list include Duke’s Marvin Bagley, Oklahoma’s Trae Young, Texas’ Mo Bamba, Missouri’s Michael Porter Jr. and Michigan State’s Miles Bridges. The combine will be held in Chicago from May 16th to May 20th.
- Oregon State Baseball: Beavers Head North To Play Washington State
- 2019 QB Prospects for the Oregon State Beavers to keep an eye on
- Oregon State Basketball: 5 Things To Know About Newest Commit Jordan Campbell
- Jordan Campbell commits to Oregon State Basketball
- Oregon State Basketball: An Early Lookahead To The 2018-2019 Roster