- For all you early risers out there in Beaver Nation, the official start time to the 2018 football season for Oregon State will play right into your wheelhouse, as the Beavers will kick-off against Ohio State at 12 PM ET (9 AM PST) on ABC. For those who don’t care for those early Saturday wake-ups, you may not be missing much in this one, as the recent odds from the Bovada-Las Vegas have the Buckeyes starting as 38 point favorites to the Beavers.
Oregon State at Ohio State on Saturday, Sept. 1 set for Noon ET on ABC.— FBSchedules.com (@FBSchedules) May 31, 2018
- Sticking to the gridiron, SB Nation released their over/under win lines for every team is college football (except for Liberty, of course) and well, the news was not that pleasant for those with high hopes for this year’s squad. The headquarters placed Oregon State’s line at 2.5 wins for the upcoming campaign, which ties them with Kent State for the lowest number on the list.
- Do you like All-Americans? Well, then we got some serious All-Americans for you. The recently released accolades from Collegiate Baseball Newspaper named four Oregon State stand-outs on the diamond as All-Americans, including pitchers Luke Heimlich and Jake Mulholland, as well as position players Trevor Larnach and Adley Rutschman. According to the tweet below, that ties last year’s Beavers’ group and the 2006 team for the most selections in a single season.
As you're waking up #BeaverNation, we have 4, count 'em 4, All-Americans from @CBNewspaper— Oregon State Baseball (@BeaverBaseball) May 31, 2018
That ties the 2006 and 2017 Beavers for the most All-Americans in a single-season.#GoBeavs pic.twitter.com/41poTOTrv8
- Beavers Edge has a few more of the Oregon State football kick-off times and television schedules for the 2018 campaign, which is highlighted by the 122nd edition of the “Civil War”, which will be played on Friday, November 23rd at 1 PM PT on Fox Sports 1. The Beavers home-opener against Southern Utah on September 8th is also slated for a 5 PM PT start on the Pac-12 Networks and Oregon state’s showdown with Nevada will be an ESPN3 broadcast on September 15th at 4 PM PT.
- And finally, if you don’t have your tickets all lined up for the Corvallis Regional just yet, you better get a move on and have you wallet ready. According to this piece from the Oregonian, the local regional and the Beavers contests are literally the hottest tickets in college baseball at the moment, with resale prices on online ticket websites currently skyrocketing.