- A 6’2”, 320-pound defensive tackle from Laney College in Oakland, CA, Jordan Whittley announced his commitment to Oregon State on Monday afternoon. The Richmond, CA product adds some good depth and size to a d-line unit that struggled quite a bit in 2018’s 2-10 campaign. Whittley also had offers from Hawaii, New Mexico, San Diego State, and San Jose State. Just in awe at the size of this lad...absolute unit.
- Some kudos are in order for some current/recently former members of the Beaver football team. For starters, wide receiver Isaiah Hodgins made Pro Football Focus’ All-Pac-12 First-Team
Also of note, 22 players were named to the Pac-12 All-Academic Team. That’s a new program record.
Timmy Hernandez made the first team while : B.J. Baylor, Conor Blount, Andre Bodden, Blake Brandel, Jordan Choukair, Isaiah Dunn, Keegan Firth, Champ Flemings, Isaiah Hodgins, Sumner Houston, Andrzej Hughes-Murray, Drew Kell, Connor Kelsey, Luke Leonnig, Jeffrey Manning Jr., Trent Moore, Mason Moran, Artavis Pierce, Daniel Rodriguez, Kolby Taylor and Moku Watson were all honorable mentions.
- In the NFL, some former Beavers are doing great. For one, Brandin Cooks became the first player in league history to accumulate consecutive 1,000-yard seasons with three different teams.
Brandin Cooks gets it done wherever he goes ♂️ pic.twitter.com/nlmOFHbwNh— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) December 2, 2018
In other news, Johnny Hekker continues to be amazing. The Ringer published their list of non-QB pass throwers and Hekker comes in at #4.
- Finally, former Oregon State defensive back Xavier Crawford is officially off to the NFL. Crawford was an All-MAC selection at Central Michigan this season while the team finished 1-11.
The Journey continues... pic.twitter.com/QGEEiosPZj— Xavier Crawford (@XCrawford_22) December 3, 2018
- 2018-2019 Pac-12 Basketball Power Rankings: 12/3
- Sunday Poll: Who Starts At Quarterback In Week 1 of the 2019 Football Season?
- Oregon State Basketball: Beavs Climb Over Century Mark Against Missouri State
- Oregon State WBB: Beavers Hit Triple Digits in Win Over La Salle
- Back In The Sattel: The Growing Legend of Jermar Jefferson