- Derek Anderson - Buffalo Bills: Quarterback
In Sunday’s loss to the Texans, Bills’s rookie Quarterback Josh Allen was injured. Allen won’t be back this week, so instead of returning to the Nathan Peterman show (because, yikes) the Bills have announced they’ll be starting the recently signed Derek Anderson. Anderson was originally signed to help mentor Allen, but with the Bills’ QB situation dire, he’s been called on to start. The Bills take on the Colts this weekend.
- Jordan Poyer - Buffalo Bills: Safety
Poyer had a great day against the Texans, despite the loss. He notched his second interception of the year, picking off Deshaun Watson in the end zone.
Poyer also deflected a pass, and had 5 combined tackles.
- Johnny Hekker - Los Angeles Rams: Punter
With the Rams offense refusing to slow down and allow him to punt, Hekker has had to find other ways to entertain himself. In Sunday’s win over the Broncos, Hekker made one of the most impressive plays of the day, from the sidelines.
Hekker also punted 3 times, for 120 total yards. What will he do next? A fumble recovery, a sack, a home run for the Dodgers? The sky is the limit for Hekker.
- Brandin Cooks - Los Angeles Rams: Wide Receiver
While Robert Woods has emerged as Jared Goff’s favorite target, Cooks is still capable of pulling off some big plays. On Sunday he had two catches for 53 yards, including this 44 yard beauty.
Those are the highlights, here’s a quick rundown of some other Beavers.
- Steven Nelson (Chiefs, Cornerback) had 4 combined tackles against the Patriots.
- Isaac Seumalo (Eagles, Guard) has been settling back into a starting job. Eagles offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland spoke to the media about the decision to start Seumalo, and how it’s been working out.
That’s all for this week. We’ll see you back next week for more Beaver news.