The sixth week of the NFL season is in the books. The fantasy football season is flying by and the Patriots/Chiefs put on quite the show on Sunday night. As we head into the 7th week bye weeks will start ravaging your team. Be active on the waive-wire and editing your lineup if you want to win.
TOP WAIVER-WIRE PICKUPS (Oct. 16th)
- Corey Clement - Philadelphia Eagles
- Tarik Cohen - Chicago Bears
- Ito Smith - Atlanta Falcons
- Peyton Barber - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
It looks like Corey Clement will get the bulk of the running back duties with Jay Ajayi on the IR. I’m not high on Latavius Murray, but if Dalvin Cook continues to be ruled out he is a solid play if you need a running back.
- Jermaine Kearse - NY Jets
- Willie Snead IV - Baltimore Ravens
- Keke Coutee - Houston Texans
- Marquise Goodwin - San Francisco 49ers
Kearse and Snead are excellent one week streamers due to match-ups and the opportunities they should get; but don’t expect them to perform consistently for the rest of the season. I still don’t trust Marquise Goodwin, but he had a great game on MNF.
- Greg Olsen - Carolina Panthers
- Evan Engram - NY Giants
- C.J. Uzomah - Cincinnati Bengals
- Austin Hooper - Atlanta Falcons
O.J. Howard and Greg Olsen both came back earlier than expected and both looked good. The tight ends are getting healthy and that is good for fantasy football.
TOP DEFENSES TO STREAM
- DET Lions vs. Miami Dolphins
- NE Patriots vs. Chicago Bears
- LA Chargers vs. Tennessee Titans
I do not feel confident in playing any defense this week that will be available on the waiver-wire. You could play the Colts defense against the Bills, but I do not trust the Colts defense. Especially if the Bills stop playing Nathan Peterman and go with the former Beav Derek Anderson.
- Derrick Henry - RB
- Theo Riddick - RB
- Kelvin Benjamin - WR
- Kenny Stills - WR
- Alfred Morris - RB
I’m ready to give up on these guys for fantasy football purposes. As always, drop with caution.
BTD’s WEEK SIX RECAP:
- Marcus Russell (6-0)
- Justin Sattelmaier (4-2)
- Albert Lee (4-2)
- Joe Londergan (4-2)
- Erik Briggs (3-3)
- John Severs (3-3)
- Kyle Wilson (2-4)
- Callie Cornilles (2-4)
- Patrick Moen (1-5)
- Travis Johannes (1-5)
Joe toppled Erik’s team by 0.1 point! Every point matters in fantasy football.