- We’ve currently hit early July and still just about no progress has been made in the Oregon State quarterback search, as all three likely contenders in Darell Garretson, Marcus McMaryion and Jake Luton are all still very much vying for the job. Over at CSN Northwest, their staff of experts broke down the situation heading into Fall Camp and gave some insight on each of the potential quarterback options.
- Oregon State alum Eric Moreland’s journey through the Orlando NBA Summer League (and potentially into a contract with the Detroit Pistons) has been well documented here at Building The Dam and now we have some video of him talking about his potential professional chances. Skip ahead to around the 47 second mark for those not a fan of Henry Ellenson and hear what the Summer League stand-out has to say.
Henry Ellenson and Eric Moreland chatted with the media after today's Summer League win and Wired has your recap. pic.twitter.com/V7ZRtuw9ye— Detroit Pistons (@DetroitPistons) July 6, 2017
- Head coach Gary Andersen and company have been trying to find the right formula out on the recruiting trail to lure some top-level prospects to Corvallis and while most of their efforts have been warranted and with good reason, there’s still the likely potential that the Beavers finished with a bottom-three class in the Pac-12 for 2018. The Oregonian tells us not to fear such a feat, as Oregon State is still on the right trajectory and bringing in the right kind of players for the program at the moment.
- Kerry Eggers of the Portland Tribune caught up with Oregon State head baseball coach Pat Casey to look back at a wonderful 2017 campaign and what the 2018 season may hold in store. While Casey somewhat downplayed how good the Beavers can be next season (as any coach should), Kendall Rogers over at D1 Baseball didn’t hold back on the Beavers potential on Twitter, after hearing the news that the Tampa Bay Rays would not be signing first-round pick Drew Rasmussen. Rasmussen can now choose to return to the team next season for another chance at the College World Series.
Goodness, Oregon State is going to be loaded next year. https://t.co/53NKgSFALP— Kendall Rogers (@KendallRogersD1) July 5, 2017
- The Oregon State athletic department made some fantastic videos to help us through the baseball’s team wild run to the College World Series and they’re back at it again, with a evocative video to get you all hyped up for the Beavers football season. An enjoyable three-minute watch, you’ll be left asking yourself the same question as everyone else when it’s done. Is it football season yet?