- College football analyst Trevor Matich may be anxiously awaiting the start of the college football season like the rest of us, but instead of sitting on his couch twiddling his thumbs, Matich traverses around the country and gives his previews of different teams. In a video posted to his Twitter account, Matich shares his thoughts about what 2017 may hold in store for the Beavers and what to expect from head coach Gary Andersen’s group in the trenches.
- BeaversEdge is also prepping themselves for the upcoming college football season by taking a look at Oregon State’s current situation at the quarterback position and making a strong case for all three of the front-runners involved. In a position battle that will be one to monitor when camp opens in two weeks, the site gives their reasons to “start or sit” Jake Luton, Marcus McMaryion and Darell Garretson.
- Oregon State is known for having some of college football’s most stunning facilities so it only makes sense that when in Corvallis, former Beaver wide receiver great Brandin Cooks would be sure to stop by. One of the newest additions to the New England Patriots, Cooks toured a bit around campus and took some videos to commemorate his return to the Pac-12 school.
- Our buddies over at Detroit Bad Boys, SB Nation’s Detroit Pistons site, graded the Pistons off-season free agency moves, which includes almost their whole staff’s reactions to the signing of Oregon State alum Eric Moreland. Moreland inked a deal with the team after some impressive performances with Detroit during the 2017 Orlando NBA Summer League.
- SB Nation is trying to cure the summer football blues as well, with their look into how college football teams would rate out if they were transformed into an “NCAA Football ‘18” video game. We can’t ruin the surprise of discovering how Oregon State rated out but we will share that the top team in the country with a “94 overall rating” was Alabama. Spoiler alert.
NBA SUMMER LEAGUE
- Gary Payton II & Jared Cunningham Ride The Bench
- Jared Cunningham’s Red-Hot Summer League Continues
- Gary Payton II Plays Shortened Minutes In Milwaukee Bucks Win
- Washington Wizards Guard Jared Cunningham Drops 26 Points In Team Debut
- Milwaukee Bucks Guard Gary Payton II Flashes Defensive Brilliance In Defeat
OREGON STATE FOOTBALL: MOST VALUABLE PLAYERS COUNTDOWN
- #46 Shemiah Unutoa-Whitson
- #47 Kolby Taylor
- #48 Darell Garretson
- #49 Jordan Choukair/Adley Rutschman
- #50 Thor Katoa