- Oregon State knocked off Cal State Fullerton in comeback fashion on Saturday to set up today’s meeting with LSU in the second game of their Omaha stay. The contesst is scheduled for a 4 PM PT start and will be broadcast nationally on ESPN. For a bit more about the Beavers upcoming opponent, check out our preview of the LSU Tigers, who come into this one with a 17-game win streak to their name.
- “Streak vs Streak” is how the Oregonian put it, when on Monday, the country’s best win-streak is placed against against it’s second-best win-streak, in a game where someone isn’t going to go home happy. For the Beavers, they’re hoping pitcher Bryce Fehmel can lead them to victory from the mound, while LSU will place their luck in the hands of Eric Walker on the bump.
- While Cal State Fullerton played the “confidence game” heading into their clash with Oregon State, it seems that LSU head coach Paul Mainieri is trying to talk up this Beavers group before their showdown. This video, from the Twitter account of WAFB (Baton Rouge)’s Craig Loper II, show the Tigers skipper light-hearted approach when publicly discussing Oregon State pitcher Bryce Fehmel.
- You want videos? Then, we’ve got videos. This one comes from Daniel Brown, a sports reporter for KTBS-TV, who speaks with LSU freshman pitcher Eric Walker before his outing against the Beavers. Whether you like the Tigers or not, you have to hand it to Walker, who appears very mature and poised after a successful rookie regular season.
- Well, here it is. Our daily non-baseball link(s) comes from the Mercury News, who gave us their revised Pac-12 basketball projections for the 2017-18 season. In addition to checking out their list of how the league might play out, you also might want to take a gander at Fansided’s “Top 10 Returning Players” for next year, which includes an extremely likeable selection at the #7 slot or vote on LA Court Report’s Twitter poll for your favorite player from the City of Angels to ever have played at Oregon State.
- We continued our preview of Oregon State football’s upcoming opponents for the 2017 season, with our own Marcus Russell taking a look at Arizona’s prognosis for the upcoming campaign.
- And for futbol of another kind, our man Joe Londergan composed this piece about the recent success of former Oregon State soccer star Alan Gordon, whose scored some crucial goals as of late for the Colorado Rapids of the MLS.