- Ready for the College Baseball World Series? BTD broke down both the brackets of the College World Series heading into Saturday’s openers in Omaha.
- After last year’s now-infamous NCAA Tournament snub, Oregon State enters the College World Series in Omaha with the country’s best record but not necessarily the best odds to win it all. According to the Bovada in Las Vegas, Louisville is actually the field favorite as of late Friday night at 11/4, while both the Beavers and LSU trail closely behind at 3/1.
- You don’t often get predictions when it comes to College World Series games but Bleacher Report took their shot at naming winners for for the first four games of the weekend, which includes the Beavers and the Titans, LSU-Florida State, Louisville-Texas A&M and TCU-Florida. The site also expects the showdown between LSU and Florida State, which takes place following the Oregon State game at 5 PM PT on Saturday, to be the tightest contest of the weekend.
- The Denver Post added a unique tidbit about this Beavers group in their preview of Oregon State’s quest for the College World Series, as head coach Pat Casey’s squad enters Omaha with the fewest losses of any team since Texas brought a 57-4 record to the show back in 1982. It’s about finishing the job now for the Beavers, who also claim a 21-game winning streak to their name at the moment.
- Now that Oregon State has safely landed in Omaha, the Register-Guard cued up this piece about the Beavers entering the College World Series as the favorite, on the opposite end of the spectrum from their usual underdog status. They note that the team is hoping to “lock out distractions”, especially with the last-minute suspension of outfield Christian Donahue for a violation of team rules.
- Our obligatory non-baseball link, the Oregonian caught up with Oregon State passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach Jason Phillips to talk about his approach to revamping a Beavers passing game in need of some desperate changes. Phillips notes that he doesn’t believe Oregon State needs to “overhaul anything or reinvent the wheel” but instead, just improve the quality of play within the already established system.
- Missed the 2017 MLB Draft? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with our draft recap of who got picked and what their chances of actually going professional are in the near-future.
- Still longing for football season? We’ve kept our Oregon State football opponent previews going with breakdowns of two Pac-12 opponents in Stanford and Colorado.
- He did what?!? In a strange twist of fate, Oregon State wide receiver Hunter Jarmon recently quit the football team to pursue his career in...professional baseball?