It’s the first week of College Football, woohoo! There is something special about the first Saturday of the College football season. September 3rd 2016 is a great day to be a college football fan. Get your remotes ready, your favorite snacks and food, and your favorite beverage and enjoy a great slate of college football games from 4:30am to 7:30pm.
First, here is a rundown of the Pac 12 Schedule for Saturday including kickoff time and TV Network. Note: All games are in Pacific Time (PT)
- Rutgers at #14Washington, 11am, PAC 12 Network-Are the Huskies for real? Chris Petersen has the Huskies moving upward.
- # 16 UCLA at Texas A&M, 12:30pm, CBS- A potential great game here as UCLA QB Josh Rosen leads his Bruins into Kyle Field to face the Aggies of the SEC.
- UC Davis at #24 Oregon 2pm, PAC 12 Network- The Duck debut of QB Dakota Prukop.
- #20 USC vs #1 Alabama (AT&T Stadium, Arlington Texas), 5pm, ABC- Possibly the game of the day. Could USC pull an upset here, and this be the start of another USC dynasty?
- Eastern Washington at Washington State, 5pm, PAC 12 Network- This game could be a shootout. Beaver fans painfully remember what Eastern Washington did to them in the season opener in 2013 in Corvallis. Upset potential?
- BYU vs Arizona, 7:30pm (University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale AZ), FS1- Great matchup here as former Beaver Defensive Coordinator Kalani Sitake makes his head coaching debut against the always tough Arizona Wildcats.
- Northern Arizona at Arizona State 7:45pm PAC 12 Network- Is Arizona State a contender for the Pac 12 south title?
The beauty about the first Saturday of the season is that your day can begin at 4:30am (PT) Georgia Tech plays Boston College in an ACC Conference game in Dublin, Ireland on ESPN 2.
Here are some fun non-Pac 12 games to watch . Television Network in BOLD
- Boise State at Louisiana-Lafayette, ESPN3 9am(PT)-Here is a chance to watch Boise St., our opponent on Sept. 24th.
- #3 Oklahoma vs #15 Houston, (NRG Stadium, Houston, TX; formerly known as Reliant Stadium) ABC 9am (PT)-Watch two ranked teams go at it as the 2016 Peach Bowl Champs Houston Cougars take on historic power house Oklahoma in Houston.
- Missouri at West Virgina, FS1 9am(PT)- SEC vs Big 12 Matchup.
- #5 LSU vs Wisconsin (Lambeau Field, Green Bay, WI) , ABC 12:30am(PT)- Potential upset here as Les Miles brings his LSU Tigers to Packer Country, I mean Badger Country.
- #18 Georgia vs #22 North Carolina (Georgia Dome, Atlanta Georgia), ESPN 2:30pm(PT) - Another great matchup of two ranked teams as Georgia Head Coach Kirby Smart makes his Head Coaching debut against Larry Fedora’s North Carolina Tar Heel team.
- Fresno State at Nebraska, BIG10 Network, 5pm(PT)- Watch our old coach Mike Riley and his Cornhuskers as they make their 2016 season debut.
- #2 Clemson at Auburn, ESPN 6pm(PT)- Last year’s runner up for the National Title, Clemson Tigers, open the season with a tough trip down south to Jordan-Hare Stadium as they face the Auburn Tigers. Battle of the Tigers.
Click on the link for a complete television guide for Week 1.