The Oregon State football team has been enjoying an early bye week after their tough loss to Minnesota to open the season. The coaching staff wasted no time in hitting the recruiting trails. They’ve been traveling around the nation watching and connecting with top recruits. Check out all the states they’ve traveled too:
The hard work has been paying off. Many top recruits are planning official visits to Corvallis in the coming weeks. Here’s a list of the recruits that are taking official visits to Corvallis in the coming weeks. (That we know of):
Sep. 24th vs Boise State
- Quran Hariz - Safety: Quran is a cornerback from Florida who has verbally committed to Iowa State, but is weighing his options. He will visit Corvallis during the weekend the Beavers take on Boise State.
- Charles Moku Watson - DB: Watson committed to Washington State back in July, but is still taking an official visit to Corvallis before signing day.
- Tayari Venable - DB: Tayari Venable is also a Washington State commit who is joining Watson on an official visit. Washington State and Oregon State are developing quite a rivalry when it comes to recruiting and if the Beavers can convince Watson and Venable to come Corvallis instead, the rivalry will become even more intense.
Oct. 8th vs Cal
- Arex Flemmings - WR: Arex is a 5’7 speedy receiver from California. He’s already committed to Oregon State, but is taking his official visit as the Beavers take on Cal.
- Jamire Calvin - WR: Jamire Calvin is high school teammates with Arex and is strongly considering following him to Oregon State. Calvin has over 30 scholarship offers and is receiving interest from many of the top schools in the nation. Read more about Jamire Calvin here and how his strong relationship with Arex might convince him to come to Oregon State.
- Jeff Manning - DB: Jeffrey Manning Jr. is a former UCLA commit that has re-opened his recruitment. Manning is an extremely talented athlete and Oregon State finds themselves in his latest top 6 schools.
- Isaiah Hodgins - WR: Hodgins originally planned to visit Corvallis for the Boise State game, but has moved his visit to Oct. 8th to better fit his schedule. He’s a 6-foot-4 wide receiver from California and is also considering many other top schools.
October 8th is shaping up to be a huge recruiting game for Oregon State. If the Beavers can land a few of the recruits who are taking official visits it will give their 2017 recruiting class a massive boost.
In other recruiting news, the Beavers newest recruit TJ Green has been tearing it up. He was named Arizona’s top running back, according to Scout.com. And in the first game of his senior season he ran for 4 touchdowns. In his next game he hurdled a guy! Check it out:
On the bad news front, Oregon State commit Fabian Kratz is stepping away from football for the time being. He announced his decision to decommit on Twitter.
He’s from Germany but was playing high school football in Illinois. He has since moved back to Germany and could be done with football permanently. His decision to pull his commitment from Oregon State, drops the Beavers back down to 13 verbal commits for the 2017 class.