Last year, the Beavers opened the season at home and lost to Sacramento State. This year, the Beavers knocked off Wisconsin in Reser Stadium 10-7. Bullet point time.
- D.J. Welch. What a game, what a player. Stopped Montee Ball many times, and chased O'Brien out of the pocket once.
- The referees, overall, did a great job on this game. There were 2 or 3 pass interference calls and non-calls that went against the Beavers, and obviously there was the controversial overturn on Wisconsin's onside kick. In my opinion, there wasn't indisputable video evidence that Tyrequek Zimmerman avoided touching the ball before it hit the Badger kicker. Oh well, that's football.
- The Beavers offense wasn't as balanced as head coach Mike Riley would like. Oregon State rushed for just 67 yards.
- Sean Mannion had quite a game. Not all his throws were perfect, many were far from it, but when he threw into traffic, his throws were perfect.
- The Beavers rush defense was shockingly good. I don't know if the Badger O-Lineman didn't care, or if they're just really overrated, but they just did not open up the holes for Montee Ball and James White to run through. Wisconsin rushed for just 35 yards.
Great opener for the Beavers. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.