I feel deeply sorry for anyone who doesn't have tomorrow off. My cold symptoms have subsided and now it's time for some weekend style going out on Tuesday night. I plan on having fun. And being out late. It's going to be fantastic. Now if five o'clock can just hurry up and come, I can get down to brass tacks-and by brass tacks, I mean beers.
- Congrats to a sport that gets very little love on BtD (or anywhere outside of University of Portland fan pages)- Women's soccer secured an at-large bid in the NCAA tournament. They'll head to Columbus, Ohio to play "The" Ohio State University (not to be confused with "That" Ohio State University or "A" Ohio State University, which is actually a barber college).
New Mexico Lobos soccer player Elizabeth Lambert plays rough with BYU Going Viral ESPN (via Aalnius)
- Pete Carroll, Mike Bellotti and Jeff Tedford are out, Mike Riley, Chip Kelly and Jim Harbaugh are in. Bleacher Report discusses a possible "changing of the guard" in PAC 10 coaching.
- An interesting report from USA Today on clauses in assistant coach contracts. Banker seems to have a pretty sweet deal.
- Want to see some highlights from Saturday's game OTHER than the horrible Best play? Found this on YouTube and let me reiterate--Joe Halahuni is such an exciting receiver in the open field.
Sports Highlight: California Golden Bears vs Oregon State Beavers (via caltvinfo)
- Some Buker notes and some random stuff from Ken Goe on the PAC 10. Let's just hope he's not trying to be funny. His worst jokes are when he jokes about how he's not funny. Consequently, those jokes are the least funny.
- Oh, and as a side note, OSU's Sammie Stroughter scored the winning touchdown for Tampa Bay this weekend, helping TB to it's first win. Just so happens it was a win over Cal's Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay. You can see Sammie's catch toward the end of the clip. Bad week to be a Golden Bear?
Green Bay Packers vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers 28-38 // NFL Week 9 Highlights (via nflHDhighlights)
As usual, post new links below. GO BEAVERS!