- Oregon State made a haul in the Oregon Sports Awards. The championship baseball team received the Team of the Year award, head coach Pat Casey received the Sportsperson of the Year award, pitcher Jonah Nickerson received the Male Athlete of the Year, Brianne McGowan got the Female Athlete of the Year, and Steven Jackson, now of the St. Louis Rams, received the Professional Athlete of the Year.
- The Softball teams was in San Diego last week for the San Diego State Tournament, and went 2-1 before Sunday's games were rained out. The Beavers dropped their first game to SDSU by a score of 0-1, and then won their second game against UMass 3-1, and their third game against Kansas, 7-0. They were scheduled to play UC Santa Barbara and San Diego State again yesterday, but the games were cancelled do to rain and unplayable field conditions. The Beavers play again on Thursday in Las Vegas.
- The Swimmers will participate in the Pac-10 Championships this week in Long Beach. Learn more about the swim team here.
- I'm not much for wrestling, but if you are, the Beavers swept both Stanford and North Dakota State. Read more here.
- The Oregon State men's basketball team will travel to play Cal and Stanford this week. There are only five regular season games left for OSU; Cal, Stanford, Washington, Washington State, and then the Ducks in the Civil War. The Pac 10 tourney is scheduled for March 7th through the 10th.