1. Texas- I don't see any reason to not put the Longhorns at #1. They lost their leader in Vince Young, and I think that will be their biggest challenge this season. Will they find a player to lead them back to the National Championship? Their biggest challenge from an opponent coming into the season appeared to be the match up against Oklahoma, but with Rhett Bomar out of the equation for the Sooners, Texas should make quick work of them.
2. Ohio State - They have Troy Smith and Antonio Pittman back at running back, but they only have two returning starters on defense- both of which are Tackles. They have a early showdown against Texas the second game of the season, and also another road game later on against Iowa. The Texas- Ohio State game will give us some more insight on what the Top 5 will look like later in the year and down the stretch.
3. USC - The Trojans lost Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, and LenDale White to the NFL, and they only return 10 starters. But USC is always one of those scary teams. They will always have some of the top recruits. However, they will have one of the best receiving corps in the country, returning both Dwayne Jarrett and Steve Smith.
4. Auburn - The Tigers have a solid QB/RB duo in Brandon Cox and Kenny Irons. All they have to do is survive the testy games against Florida, Georgia, and Alabama, and they should put themselves in the BCS picture. Coach Tommy Tuberville returns for his 8th season at Auburn, looking to improve on last years' 9-3 season.
5. West Virginia - The Mountaineers return 9 offensive starters, only losing both their tackles. The team is still young, as only 3 of the 9 returning starters are Seniors. West Virginia went 11-1 last year, and this year their schedule isn't much of a challenge. Their toughest match up will be Louisville on November 2.
6. Louisiana State
9. Notre Dame
12. Miami (Florida)
14. Florida State
16. Penn State
20. Virginia Tech
23. Boston College
25. Michigan State
Who did I put in the wrong place? Who is too high? Too low? Should Oregon State be in the Top 10? Should the Ducks be taken off the list?
Your comments and suggestions below.