I think I'm going to stick with the Orange Juice thing. I just realize it has lots of meanings. 1, I don't like coffee. 2, Orange is a Beaver color! And thats all I got. So I'm going to go with it. Now...
- Orson Swindle at EDSBS points out that Georgia Southern wideout Teddy Craft died in a motorcycle accident Tuesday night in Statesboro, Georgia.
We won't tell you that riding a motorcycle is a bad idea. But Craft was wearing a helmet, and as someone who's skid across pavement into the side of a black sedan after laying a bike down, there's no safe way to do it. None. It's like playing football with rhinoceroses; if and when you get hit, you will lose to whatever else is out there, and you will lose badly.
- Kyle at Dawg Sports has finished with all five of his posts regarding BCS his- tory (3) his conclusions, and how he would make changes. Also, he has pulled out a post from the archives regarding Bowls, the BCS, and his thoughts on a playoff.
- I got a new Beaver hat yesterday. I like it. Speaking of hats, Al at Bleed Cubbie Blue, SB Nation's Chicago Cubs affiliate, keeps a tally on his hat-wearing record. Not a bad idea.
- Darwin Barney signed on the dotted line Thursday
- De Carolis gave head women's basketball coach LaVonda Wagner a one year extention on her contract. That means we're stuck with her until the 2011 season. But thats not a bad thing.