From the World of Sports:
- The college football community is mourning the loss of Northwestern Coach Randy Walker. He died Thursday night of a apparent heart attack. SMQ has a nice tribute, seen here. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Walker family.
- Apparently, over 50 riders were involved in a large doping scandal in the Tour de France. Meanwhile, Lance Armstrong sits in a limo in London outside a courthouse and laughs.
- Northern Colorado will join the Big Sky this year. While were poking around with the topic of expansion, The Wiz offers his thoughts on a Pac-10 realignment. Interesting read.
- Lots of Us have enjoyed Ivan Maisel's series on the greatest players to wear jersey numbers. However, no love to the Oregon schools.
- Bowl games are becoming a mess. Look for a subsequent post in the near future.
- Four Oregon Duck football players are leaving the program: running back Terrell Jackson, defensive lineman Thor Pili, linebacker Tucker Callahan and offensive lineman Levi Horn. Why? They hate it. No, just kidding. They wern't
being challenged hard enough, so they all signed with the D3 Salisbury Sea Gulls. Just kidding again...
- Cal QB Steve Levy was suspended for their season opener Friday after pleading not guilty to bar fight assault charges.
- Stuart Mandel breaks down what who he thinks as the Top 10 and Worst 10 coaches in College Football. As I was afraid of, Mike Riley is mentioned as honorable mention for the Top 5 worst coaches.
- No surprises, but OSU swept all 4 major baseball polls when Baseball America ranked them #1. Way to go, guys!
Keep the votes coming in the newly added poll. After you vote, please take a minute to share your thoughts in the diary section.