The BTD Bracket Challenge is back for a third consecutive year, and this time, we have a small prize for the winner. Here's how it works:
First, pick the winners of the 16 Regionals
Second, pick the winners of the 8 Super Regionals
Thrid, pick the two teams that will compete in the CWS Championship Series
Finally, pick the CWS Champion
You will receive 1 point for each correctly picked Regional, 2 points for each Super Regional, 4 points for each CWS Series team, and 8 points for the champion. Standings will be updated at the end of each round. The contestant with the most points at the conclusion of the tournament will win the following baseball cards:
A 2007 Drew Stubbs card, with swatch of his Texas jersey (113/500).
A 2007 Mat Latos card, with swatch of his Broward C.C. jersey (475/500).
A 2007 Matt Dominguez card, with swatch of his Chatsworth HS jersey (315/500).
Below is a list of teams in each regional and their records, with my pick in bold. If I finish first, I keep the cards ;)
In the comments section, it would be helpful for you to do it like this: Corvallis Regional - Oregon State
1. Florida State (44-15) 2. Alabama (34-26) 3. Troy (40-18) 4. Savannah State (33-21)
1. Virginia (47-10) 2. UNC Wilmington (37-21) 3. Elon (32-28) 4. Army (29-21)
1. Mississippi State (43-17) 2. South Alabama (42-18) 3. Mercer (43-16) 4. Central Arkansas (39-20)
1. Kansas State (41-17) 2. Arkansas (37-21) 3. Bryant (44-16-1) 4. Wichita State (39-26)
1. Oregon State (45-10) 2. Texas A&M (32-27) 3. UC Santa Barbara (34-23) 4. Texas-San Antonio (35-23)
Chapel Hill Super Regional
1. North Carolina 1. South Carolina
Eugene Super Regional
1. Oregon 1. NC State
Fullerton Super Regional
1. Cal State Fullerton 1. UCLA
Baton Rouge Super Regional
1. LSU 2. Oklahoma
Nashville Super Regional
1. Vanderbilt 1. Louisville
Tallahassee Super Regional
1. Florida State 3. Florida
Charlottesville Super Regional
1. Virginia 2. South Alabama
Corvallis Super Regional
1. Oregon State 2. Arkansas
CWS Championship Series
1. North Carolina 1. Vanderbilt
1. North Carolina
So, there you have it. If you want to view the bracket, click here. Inside there is the CWS bracket, if you want to break down your finalists even further. Oklahoma is my big upset pick to make it to Omaha, but watch out for South Carolina and UCLA as well.
Please post your picks in the comments section. They need to be in by 9:00 AM Pacific on Friday morning.
In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.