Oregon St. sophomore forward Eric Moreland announced today at a press conference in Gill Coliseum that he has withdrawn his name from the NBA draft pool, and will remain a Beaver.
Eric Moreland announces he is staying at OSU for his senior season, after exploring NBA draft possibilities.— Building the Dam (@BuildingTheDam) April 15, 2013
Moreland said he got a variety of opinions on possible draft statuses, ranging all the way from early in the second round to undrafted. Ultimately, he decided the best thing for him was to stay and help try to turn things around, with the goal of getting to the NCAA Tournament.
Head Coach Craig Robinson said he would have advised Eric, and any player, to go if the evaluation had been a 1st round pick, because of the guaranteed money, but not otherwise.
Moreland said he also consulted with Jared Cunningham, a first round draft pick last season.