Here's my preview for OSU vs. Cal. A key game, no doubt.
What I'll talk about in the video... after the jump!
- Cal's team last season (18-15, 10-8 in Pac 10, NIT appearance)
- Cal this season (12-3, 2-0 in Pac 12 play, but no relative marquee victory)
- The Bears' efficient offense (65 possessions a game, 48%, 42%, 74% from the field, 3 point land and FT shooting respectively. Very good passing team with few miscues)
- Cal's defense (good, but allows average 3PT%, few steals/ forced turnovers).
- The 7-man rotation and everything else after that.
1. Push the pace.
2. Make free throws
3. Frontcourt dominance (and guards should at least hold the fort). BTW, all apologies to Devon Collier. He's having a great year for OSU... and I didn't even mention him.
4. Go to the hole and force foul trouble.
5. Take and make the 3
6. Watch out for zone defenses
1. Force Crabbed to put the ball on the floor
2. Rebound the basketball (on both ends)
3. match Gutierrez's intensity
That's all. GEE-OOOO BEAVS!
Man of the Match?
Airspace Vanguard Cunningham (7 votes)
Roberto Dawkins (0 votes)
Accelerating Zip Cannon Starks (1 vote)
Bronxman Collier (4 votes)
Burton the Hub (0 votes)
Rim-Brandt (2 votes)
Other... (0 votes)
14 total votes