Sadly for me, I am in Claremont, CA, and therefore I am dependent on second hand information (read: the internet) about the game. So is there anybody that can fill me in? My analysis on the game (based on stat sheets and videos) after the jump.
You guys can point out things that I miss here.
- According to Coach Rob, 80% of the defense was made. Good, now closing out on 3-point shooters is going to be much easier.
- Poor FT shooting. Gotta correct that. Remember the upset against ranked Arizona? We closed out the game because of the freebies.
- Like Joe Burton's work on the glass (8 boards). Of course, his performance is against less-than-ideal competition, but if he didn't do well against Pacif. I would worry a bit.
- Cunningham with 3 threes? That's a good sign. He might look like a threat on both inside and outside. At least making open 3s looks like an option.
- Speaking of 3 pointers, 8-23 is a good start. Hover around the 34/35% and OSU will be fine. However, I am a bit concerned that half the shots were 3 pointers. Hopefully the Beavs don't keep jacking them up at this rate, and I am confident that they won't.
- Transfer Eric Moreland looks like a good piece alongside Burton (11 pts, 6 boards). If he and Collier (also had a good game) can develop enough, OSU would be really good with Joe Burton, Collier and Moreland, with Brandt coming off the bench giving good minutes too.
- 20 assists against 16 turnovers. Like the former stat, not so much on the latter. But I am confident that that TOs will decrease once the team shakes some of its rust.
That's all I have to say, at least from the information I saw. Mind if you guys can fill in the blanks for me? (I would especially like to hear about the incoming freshmen).