Who's who in Bakersfield
Head Coach: Rod Barnes (former Ole Miss, GA State HC) [1st season]
Record from last season: 9-19, lost last 8 games
Key player for Bakersfield: Rashad Savage. He is the leading returning scorer and rebounder (7.5 ppg and 9.9 rpg).
My view on things:
Bakersfield lost a lot from last season, and even still it went 9-19. Throw in the fact that there is a new coach at the helm and I don't think this team is going to get that much better than last season.
Even in last season, the Roadrunners are anemic on offense. They were a putrid 39.6% from the field, even though they shot slightly over 33% from 3 point land. They are also slightly under 69% from the line. Meanwhile, they can't stop anybody, as opponents on average shoot 48% from the field, 35% from free. The Roadies are also outboarded by 5 on average as well.
Savage seems like a good offensive piece to build around. He's also good rebounder for a 6 foot 6 guy. Let's see if Joe Burton, Eric Moreland and Angus Brandt can stop him. Given their heights, they have a chance to do so.
The Roadrunners are also 2-11 away from home last year, and they are even in more of a disadvantage.
This should be a game that the Beavers can win, even though Bakersfield is miles ahead of Pacific. A couple of questions coming in:
- Can Nelson, Murphy and Brandt shake off the rust?
- Can OSU continue the man defense and limit Bakersfield to under 40% shooting overall, 30% from 3?
- Can Cunningham continue to bomb away from 3 if the chance presents itself?
- Can the Beavs get off to a fast start and put themselves in a good position to win?
- Who will be the freshman contributor of the game?
- Can the Beavs make the freebies?
Regardless, best of luck to OSU. GO BEEEEAVS!
How will the Beavs fare against the Roadrunners?
Beavs Cruise (11 votes)
Beavs Win Nailbiter (2 votes)
Roadrunners Steal It at Gill (0 votes)
Roadrunners Embarass Beavs (0 votes)
13 total votes