Just a few more weeks, friends. A few more weeks and it'll be almost a full year before the name "Phil Steele" is relevant again. Can't. Friggin'. Wait.
- The Oregonian/OregonLive has stepped up with a slew of Beaver content over the past 72 hours. Lots and lots of new stuff. If you haven't been doing so, check out their All Decade Team, starting with the most recently posted position, Linebacker. While I can't say he was necessarily the "best" linebacker we had at OSU, I've got to go with Derrick Doggett. Athletic, fast, aggressive and played all over the place. What, you don't agree?
- The Oregonian's Jim Beseda runs down a bunch of Beaver-related news. So if you want to see what The Dam News would look like if someone was getting paid to do it, look here. And while you're there, check out this piece on the sparkling academic standing of OSU's men's basketball team. If you need some additional basketball news, Dime Magazine previews the most valuable players in the PAC 10, which includes our own Calvin Haynes.
- The Beavers show up at number 22 in the USA Today top 25, released today. With the ducks at number 11, the Oregon schools are the only two representatives from the PAC 10. Weird, huh? Coaches also voted in OSU opponents Boise State (fifth) and TCU (seventh).
- ESPN's PAC 10 blog has some painful PAC 10 memories as submitted by readers. Check them out, plenty of heart breakers for the Beavers in there (LSU, anyone?), not to mention a few times where our boys played the role of heartbreaker (Cal, SC).
"Thanks a lot, kicker! The only way I'm NOT going to kick your ass before I leave Oregon State is if you win the Lou Groza Award, or better yet, score more than our entire offense in a game!"
- The Witchita Falls (TX... I think) newspaper takes a look at the match-up of two former cellar dwellers when TCU and OSU face of in Jerra World. GodIwanttowatchthatgamerightnow.
That's all for now, folks. Post whatever I missed below and have a great weekend, even if there isn't an OSU football game going on. GO BEAVERS!