Just over a month (33 days by my count) until kickoff...
- If you haven't watched it yet, a new guy by the name of Esh dropped his homemade Jacquizz Rodgers for Heisman video over in FanPosts this week. It's 7ish minutes of Quizz running the rock. Can't go wrong there.
- The Oregonian continues it's all decade team poll series, this time with the defensive end and defensive tackle positions. At tackle I had to pick Dwan Edwards. Stephen Paea is going to surpass him, but I just think it jinxes things to vote a guy whose career hasn't ended yet onto an all decade team. At end? Well, like yesterday, I will answer in video (albeit a grainy, horrible, non-HD video) form:
Bleacher Report, which I am pretty sure doesn't really post any articles and has resorted to just producing a number of versions of the same exact lists, has yet another list that features the Beavs, clocking them in at #18. This list, inexplicably, is titled "2010 College Football Predictions: Why the Buckeyes Are the Team to Beat"... great name for a list? Effin' Bleacher Report. If you're really bored, they have a quick piece on how OSU could win the PAC 10 this year as part of another list. The off season sucks.
- Keaton Kristick's journey to the NFL is featured on the Niners' website. Check it out.
- After being let go by the Colts, former Beaver o-lineman Greg Peat has signed on with Seattle. As the article mentions and a previous one from Aaron Fentress at The Oregonian outlined, this makes it seven Seahawks from Oregon universities and high schools.
- Ted Miller has a great post on returning starters in the PAC 10 (OSU returns the third most) and reviews each PAC 10 team's situation at defensive tackle, noting that Oregon State is in "Great Shape"... might have something to do with this guy (and no, I don't mean Kevin Riley, though he's made the Beavs look pretty good during his college career):
And that's about all I can find worth reading today. Unless you want me to post some more lists from Bleacher Report. Post what I missed in the comments as usual and GO BEAVERS!
Favorite PAC-10 coach not named Mike Riley.
Lane Kiffin: His wife is almost as pretty as Rick Neuheisel. (0 votes)
Steve Sarkisian: He knows how to lose to OSU from his experience at both USC and now at UW. (11 votes)
Chip Kelly: Without Masoli running his offense, I suspect I will like Kelly a lot more this year. (14 votes)
Paul Wulff: Poor Paul Wulff. (15 votes)
Rick Neuheisel: He's slightly prettier than Kiffin's wife. (3 votes)
Jim Harbaugh: Currently finishing studies at the Jon Gruden School of Angry Face Making. (32 votes)
Jeff Tedford: His looks of disappointment are classic. (4 votes)
Dennis Erickson: Not only did this guy help jumpstart OSU football, but he looks like he'd be the best drinking buddy in the conference. (52 votes)
Mike Stoops: I wonder if his family hates him as much as PAC 10 fanbases outside of Arizona do. I bet they do. (0 votes)
131 total votes