The worst month ever. Pretty much the only thing standing between me and football season right now.
Damn you, August.
Onto the links!
- Random News Link: A bar in Austin, TX has received orders from the Collegiate Licensing Company to stop using their logo... which looks exactly like the classic version of the Benny Beaver logo, sailor hat and all. The article refers to the resemblance as "eerily similar"... you be the judge:
Yeah. Right. That's just freaking eerie. I'll admit, the Longbranch Inn's beaver looks like it's had way more to drink than ours.
- I know everyone's thinking about football right now, but basketball is still in the back of my mind. Can't help it. Here's a quick write up on Ahmad Starks from
some crappy sports blog siteBleacher Report. Everything I've read about Starks has been a testament to his ability to score at the rim, play aggressively and shoot. If you haven't watched video on Ahmad yet, check him out here:
- Not to give Bleacher Report too much run here, but they have another one of their little list thingies. This time it's the Most Interesting Games of Week One. Of course, the TCU game makes the cut. Can't wait for that.
- Random gambling site (at least I think it is) says the Beavs look like PAC 10 champs this year. A nice thought...
- Ryan Katz speaks with KVAL.
- Ted Miller lists who's in good shape and who's
Washington Statein not-so-good shape at running back in the PAC 10. UO's depth gives them the nod at number one but Miller notes that the top runner in the conference wears orange and black.
If I missed it, put it int he comments. Have a great weekend and GO BEAVERS!
If you could get to one road game this year (or plan on attending one), which one is your top choice?
TCU, 9/4 (229 votes)
BSU, 9/25 (111 votes)
Arizona, 10/9 (15 votes)
UW, 10/16 (36 votes)
UCLA, 11/6 (Say hello to Figgi!) (14 votes)
Stanford, 11/27 (18 votes)
423 total votes