So here's the best of what the internets has to offer as far as Oregon State sports go. As the title states, I've avoided the K-word with a vengeance.
First and foremost, I know you all have heard about the major catastrophe in Haiti. I won't go through all the details here but I would just like to remind everyone that there are people out there with less than you who need our help
and no, I'm not talking about Washington State football.
Beaver great Yvenson Bernard is currently working to raise funds in relief of his native Haiti. These people are in a situation none of us can begin to imagine, so please, spare at the very least the cost of a six pack and not only help out a guy who did so much for OSU but a country that really needs it right now.
There is a need for cash donations, but Bernard is also seeking new and used clothing as well as new hygiene products. Here's some donation info:
Donation drop boxes (more to come):
- Today's Salon 425 W. 1st Avenue Albany, OR.
- Kappa Kappa Gamma 1335 NW Van Buren Ave. Corvallis, OR.
Please make check payable to:
International Sports Agency
P.O. Box 51508
Irvine, CA 92619
Or, Yvenson Bernard
325 Valley Football Center
Corvallis, OR 97330
(Donation receipt available upon request)
- The Beavers host the Arizona schools this week, with the Wildcats kicking things off tonight at 7 PM (listen on KPAM because there's not TV--thanks PAC 10). There are some previews out there from The Oregonian, Fox Sports Arizona, Arizona Daily Wildcat,
- Coaching change shouldn't hurt the Wildcats.
- Daniel Deane is making strides towards consistency this season. It was great to see him busting his ass and going for 15 points and 8 boards on the ducks.
- On a football related note, this dude from the SF Gate knows what time it is: PAC 10 Football Looks to the North. Short read, not that great of a read, but good to know that California knows what's up.
- Ted Miller's final PAC 10 Power Rankings have us at No. 2, despite a horrible finish, behind UO.
- It's a family feud: Zalesky brother face off as the No. 22 Wrestling team gears up for Bakersfield.
- Some football news from the GT.
If you have more, post it below. Don't forget to help Yve out if you can and have a good day. GO BEAVERS!