Even though my post-Civil War hangover has long since passed, I've been busy as hell with end of semester grad school crap and an increased workload at the office. Oh yeah, and the holidays. The stupid, stupid holidays. Shopping and partying with people I work with are two of the lamest activities ever. I'm pretty sure Jesus would puke if he knew that I celebrated his birthday by going broke buying crap for family and friends and snacking on bad baked goods with people I don't really like...
Anyway, the Vegas Bowl looks like a good match, so at least I can look forward to that, right? The last time we were there went pretty well...
- Here's a good blog entry from some guy at the SLC Tribune. It quotes Coach Riley a lot, so you know it's full of f-bombs, disparaging remarks about BYU's players and some Belotti-like condescension... or not.
BYU... you're sending me mixed messages here.
- Our good friends over at "Spit Blood" (TCU blog) sound excited about the pending match up at Cowboy Stadium. Some are calling a MWC beatdown on the PAC 10, others are showing The Brothers Rodgers some respect (Though not enough to spell their name right. Come on dude, they're from effin' Texas!?).
Some other TCU blogger chimes in too. NOTE: Be respectful and represent us all well if you chose to post on either of these blogs. Just ask yourself: What would Mike Riley Do?
- Some Beaver news from The Portland Tribune. Included is some not-so-great news about Roberto Nelson, arguably the top recruit in Coach Robinson's first recruiting class.
The 6-3 Nelson – who turned down offers from UCLA, Southern Cal, Florida, Ohio State and Tennessee to sign with the Beavers – has been a part-time student at OSU this fall while waiting word from the Clearinghouse. OSU officials are putting together a last-ditch waiver to see if the courses can be deemed creditable, with hopes of hearing shortly after New Year’s at the latest.
This is bad, especially if we want to keep him here in Corvallis. If not cleared this season, Nelson is no longer bound to the college and is free to go elswhere to play his college ball. Here's hoping something can be pulled together in time for him to get into some games this year.
- Buker has some information on OSU at the Vegas Bowl. Here's my favorite tidbit:
On that note, Riley said OSU was likely to be allowed one blowout night in LV, with a curfew of 1 or 2 a.m. "We'll let them stay out a little bit and explore,'' he said.
Here's hoping Richard "Big Pimpin'" Seigler leaves our current players alone before kickoff. They need their energy, Rich.
- The Sporting News previews the Las Vegas Bowl.
- Bleacher Report thinks BYU wins this one. It looks like more than half of readers polled disagree with this prediction.
- Sean Canfield and Keaton Kristick will get an opportunity to showcase their talents beyond the bowl game.
- Cliff Kirkpatrick has video on the Vegas bowl as well as some recruiting updates... again, not all good news.
Anyway, that's all I have for today. If you see any news or any links worth sharing, post 'em below! GO BEAVERS!
TCU at Jerry Jones' monstrosity... you going?
Yes. I need to see that giant screen AND an OSU victory in the state of Texas in my lifetime. Think Hekker can hit it? (46 votes)
No. Just like everyone in the stadium, I'll be watching the game on a screen, only I'll be at home. (39 votes)
85 total votes